Chapter 35: Accident

The debut was successful but Kota didn't bother to come to the after party since he was already exhausted. Just after the press con held he went straight home together with his family who supported him. His little sisters still have the after shock of the event. They kept on talking about their favorite idol performances and they both argue who was the cutest among the biases that they have. They also boost about how cool their big brother in the stage and the scream of all the people welcoming them warmly in the entertainment industry. It was a night worth remembering not only for them but for Kota itself. But despite the hype of his debut, he knew there is someone who didn't like what he just did. The whole travel time back home, his mother didn't talk to him.

"I told you to forget about Kei, aren't I?" Suzanne asked him when they were all alone to his room. "What's with that public announcement you just did? You're still searching for him even after all the things he did to our family?"

"Please mom... not today. I'm tired." Kota said but Suzanne didn't listen and still continue her bragging.

"What's gotten into you why you are so hooked with him? Kou... Kei is the one who killed your father. He is a murderer worth to be held in the prison. You must not fall for that guy. He is not worth it. You must be mad at him and curse him for he did something to your dad."

"Kei is not the one who killed dad." Kota emphasized.

"He confessed it himself."

"What if he did?" Kota asked back he really didn't want to show his mother that he knew parts of his past but he have no choice since he can't stand it that Kei was being criticized just like that. "Dad is the one who kidnapped him when he was young." he said giving Suzanne an idea that he already have knowledge about his past. "Dad was the one who experienced him a cruel childhood that he will not forget for the rest of his life. Dad was the one... who did cruel thing first."

"Stop it!" she shouted back. "Don't say things like that to your dad."

"I can't remember anything about him. I can't remember his face nor his voice. While investigating about my past I found out things about him. I don't want to hate him because I knew you love him but the things I discovered was not good enough to make me treat him the way you want me. Knowing that he was hurting me when I am young, knowing that he was the mastermind of a kidnapping event years ago. You can't blame me if I think dad was the bad one." Kota told her but he received a slap in the face coming from his mother's trembling hand. Even things were going well between the two, Ryo was still her priority. No matter what he do he can't win against him.

"I will not forgive you if say one more bad thing about him."

"I don't understand... why? Why are you so in love with that guy?" Kota asked her back. "I only heard bad things about him. I heard that he even tried to kill you as well but despite that you...you still... even now you are still... in love with that man."

"Ryo... was the only one saved me." Suzanne whispered. "He was the only one who give me freedom and happiness that I wanted all this time. I can't... I can't just hate him... I can't hate him so... please do the same... Kou you are special to me so... don't hate him as well."

"Kei is special to me as well... so I wanted you... to not hate him. if you can do that then maybe... I can do what you wanted me to do." Kota suggested but it was obvious to Suzanne's face that she didn't like it. She will never forgive Kei specially that he was the one who killed the guy she loves so much. She leave Kota's room instantly upon hearing it but Kota didn't bother to follow his mom. He don't believe it. He knew that Kei didn't killed his father. Since he first met him, he knew that he was not that type of individual. He was doing it for something and that is what wanted to know but... how will he do that?