Chapter 21.

Harry.

As we walked to my next surprise I found my head wandering to the kiss we'd shared. Did she really dislike it that much?

It hurt for me to know that but being the only way I knew how; I hid the hurt I felt by being a cocky bastard.

Her lips were soft and pure, they felt like heaven against my own. All I wanted to do was go back and kiss her, again and again and again.

But I didn't.

I may have gotten a little cosy to her (understatement of the century) but I did stop. That still didn't make it right.

Finally, we got to a sweet little cottage after ten minutes of silence. I hated silence. By the look on Emily's face I could tell she was confused. Could she trust me? Would I hurt her? What would be in there? I could imagine these thoughts going through her head.

"I'm not going to hurt you in there, trust me," I assured her, the look of uncertainty not fading from her face.

"I can't trust you," she quietly said, picking at some dirt from under her thumbnail. Had she always been like that? Quiet and nervous. I wasn't sure, I'm guessing she grew to be this way because of me. Because of the incident with her father, because of everything that's happened.

I pursed my lips tightly together at her words, looking down to my own hands. She was right, she couldn't trust me. What the hell had I done to earn her trust? Nothing. I had done to earn her trust.

"We can go in," she finally said after a little sigh, straightening her posture. It almost made me want to smile as she tried to increase her height. Almost.

"Okay," I nodded my head, pulling a key out of my pocket before sticking it into the keyhole. I twisted it, unlocking the door. I pulled the door open and allowed Lana inside first, following after her. I shut the door, keeping it unlocked so she wouldn't think I was trying to keep her in here. I stuck the key back in its place before sitting myself down on the edge of the seat.

"We lived here when I was younger. Me, my Mum, Dad and Gemma. Originally my grandparents lived where I am now, but Grandma died when I was ten and my Grandpa moved after that," I said, playing with the cold, metal rings on my fingers. I looked around the room slowly, letting out a deep breath.

"You've always lived around this area then? It must have been nice being so close to your grandparents," Emily said, sitting herself down on the sofa. She sat with her legs crossed comfortably, both feet on the chair.

My God, she was beautiful and she seriously hated me. Fucking hell.

"Yeah, it was. After my parents died I just found I couldn't leave this area. All my memories were here, the good and the bad. I moved out of the house a couple of years ago to where we are now," I said, scratching the back of my neck which was slightly itchy because of the hairs tickling it.

Emily gazed up to our family photo still on the wall. We were smiling, all four of us. Even I was smiling. I was nice back then, I was sane.

"Look at you. You're so... young," she commented which I chuckled at.

"Yeah, well I was like ten at the time," I answered, looking back over to her. She smiled a little at that.

"How uh... How did your parents die?" Emily asked softly, resting her hands on her lap as she looked over to me. It was clear that she felt guilty for even asking but she was still curious. If it had been anyone else, I would have told them to mind their own business but it wasn't. It was her and I was alright with her knowing.