Chapter 3: Oh....

Around 9:30 PM... 

Katsuro walked right into the investigator's office as he sees Miyuki one of the only people still working. 

Katsuro walked up behind Miyuki until he had noticed him. Miyuki was perplexed but it quickly changed to an expression of annoyance.

"What the hell are you doing here, old man? Aren't you supposed to be with your girlfriend?"

Katsuro rolled his eyes at him. "So? I can't come here to properly thank you?"

Shocked, Miyuki stuttered as he was speaking.
"W-Well... for an old man like you, I-I guess it's normal...."

Katsuro, who was wrapping a shoulder around Miyuki replied back
"Just to let you know, I'm only 3 years older than you. Anyways, Ai isn't at home so I thought I'll treat you to dinner as thanks..."

For a split second, Miyuki's face expression was in a state of relief but it quickly went back to embarrassment. 

"W-Well that doesn't mean you can just barge in here!! This is staff only, so just go home!! We can just eat another time or something!" Miyuki spoke while unknowingly pouting.

"Eh? But one of your co-workers allowed me to be here" Katsuro replied, while adding, "Also, you're kind of cute when you pout~" 

"...Eh?" 

"? You don't like to be called 'cute' ?" 

"Well that too, but I mean the part before that--" 

Miyuki was interrupted by a small, but noticeable chuckle.

"Oh don't worry, Miyuki-tan~ I invited your boyfriend~" 

Miyuki and Katsuro turned around to find a man who was a little bit shorter in stature comparing to Katsuro but around the same height as Miyuki. His black hair swayed as he nudged his hat and winked with his turquoise-colored eyes. 

"Yo, Yuki-tan~"

Miyuki's eyes shot up in shock as he fell backwards. 

"E-EEEEHH?!?!"

"H-H-Hayato?! What are you doing here?! I thought you had a job about a homicide case in Hokkaido-?!" Miyuki stammered, while struggling to pick himself up from his obvious shock. 

"Ah, we solved it quickly" 

"Who the hell solves a case in two days?!"

Hayato just shrugs his shoulders and smiled bashfully, "Well, I am one of the best detectives in Tokyo after all, it doesn't take me much to solve something that simple~" 

"That's still inhumane!" 

"Ah, oh well, heading back to the main point, I thought you guys were dating???" Hayato mentioned as he bobbed his head towards Katsuro. 

Miyuki and Katsuro blushed slightly as they both turned away from each other and spoke in sync, 

"We're absolutely not dating!" 

Hayato sighed and whined, "Aww too bad, I was gonna have some fun, but you guys sure are party poopers, huh? Ah, oh well~" 

Hayato stood up to push Katsuro out of the door. 

"Welp, I thought it was okay because i assumed you guys were lovers, I guess i was wrong. Sorry, but you gotta get outta here, man" Hayato cheerfully told Katsuro as he easily pushed him out of the door. 

"Wh-What do you mean? I don't think you--" 

"Hmm? I don't think anyone else other than workers or government officials should find out about these classified files... right?" Hayato voiced, his face and his tone getting darker. Hayato closed the door shut and returned to his previous outgoing mood.