Chapter 2: The Spy and the Pretty Surprise

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" I awoke to the alarm clock. A soft groan escaped from me due to my nauseous stomach. It's really irritating to continuously wake up this way. I dragged myself out of bed and was met with the lovely smell of bacon and pancakes. I walked down the spiral staircase to the kitchen.

"Good morning booby head." I greeted him with a kiss on his cheek.

"Morning sleepy head. You seemed so deep in sleep, I didn't want to disturb you. Did you get any sleep at all during your trip?"

"A little. What kind of pancakes are we having?"

"Banana pancakes. You bought so many bananas yesterday I thought it would be a great idea." When he finished cooking breakfast, I put some ice cream on top of my pancakes with syrup. That banana pudding ice cream came in handy after all. "Wow! I didn't know you liked banana pudding ice cream let alone like it on your pancakes." I just nodded at him and kept eating. I was really hungry. After we cleaned up the breakfast dishes, we went upstairs to get cleaned up and dressed. Luckily we made it without stopping to make out. "I got her seven teddy bears and a gift certificate to build-a-bear work shop."

"Cool! I bet she'll love it. Maybe she'll even say thank you or smile at you. She might even hug you. Who knows! She smiled at me the other day at the meeting. It was pretty amazing."

"Wow! Are you serious? Did anyone else see?"

"Yeah! Everyone did. We were reaching for the same banana but I let her have it. Then I looked away for five seconds and she makes a little cry like noise. Everyone looks at her and she is handing me half of the banana. It was very heart warming." We relished in the thought and then went to pack up my car. I wanted to drive my car since I had been without it for awhile. As we drove, I turned on the radio to Hot995. It was my favorite station. They were playing Blurred Lines for the fifth time today. I listen to it in the house as well. We soon arrived at my cousin's house. They live only two blocks away. But who wants to walk two blocks in a sun dress and heels. Its 90 degrees outside! When we stepped out the car, I saw Sophie run around the side of the house.

I decided to go after the birthday girl after I drop the stuff off inside. I walked straight inside without knocking or ringing the doorbell. "Don't you think we should have knocked or something? I mean, we just walked into their home uninvited."

"Technically we were invited. Like three months ago." He nodded understanding that I had a point. "Hey Lizzy! I'm going around the house to go see the birthday girl okay?"

"She's outside? She was just in her room getting dressed?" She pondered this for a moment then shooed me away. I gave Jonathan a kiss on the cheek and changed into my flats that I always kept over their place. As I walked around the house outside, I heard a lovely voice. I was curious.

"See Samantha? I told you I could chop that cinder block in half. I learned it on my own. Cousin Clary told me that it takes practice. I didn't even do the brick yet! I also have a secret Samantha. Something that Cousin Clary doesn't even know about..." She stopped. I had already peeked around the corner. She looked at me a little surprised.

"Rule number one of being a Sylvania spy; always keep an up to the millisecond observation of your environment." She nodded at me. "Now I want you to be truthful with me. How long have you been able to talk?"

"Two years and three months."

"Okay. I promise not to tell until you are ready to tell everyone but, why won't you tell anyone?"