five

I quietly walk up the stairs so the burglar wouldn't hear me. If Matt is stuck there with all of them, I have to be the one to help them all. I'm the only other person here. I peek through the holes of the railing and see that the burglar's back was facing me. I wave my hand to get Matt's attention. He looks at me and closes his eyes. Well thanks for having faith in me mate. I shake my head and walk up the stairs.

This is the only thing I can do. I run as fast as I could and tackled the burglar down while Matt grabbed his gun and pointed it at him. After Matt took control over the burglar, I crawled over to the two scared children. When they saw me they came over me and hugged me which caused me to topple over and laugh.

"You're like superwoman. You saved us. Thank you," the little boy who was about eight told me. Some other police officer came and took them to their mother who was apparently shopping when all this was happening. The little girl was like three years old, how do you expect a eight year old to take care of a three year old?

I get up out of the crouch position I was in and start heading down the stairs. Matt probably needs to take care of police stuff, I can get myself home. I walk out the door and see Matt sitting in the car. I smile and go sit in the front seat.

"You did good. I wouldn't have jumped on the guy, but you saved all of our lives," Matt says smiling. I smile back, "Call me if you need a partner."

We waited in the car for the burglar to get in a police car and then we start heading to Alaric's house.

"So Zara, I'm kind of hungry. Want to get some food," he asks me. Now that I think about it, I haven't had food since this morning. I'm starving. "Oh yeah, I haven't had food since this morning. Alaric made me Mac and Cheese and I don't like Mac and Cheese," I say chuckling. "He really made you Mac and Cheese? He told me he was going to make you Mac and Cheese when you come, I didn't know he was serious," he laughed and pulled up to the Mystic Grill.

Really? Mystic Grill? Could you not be more original? This town is very weird.