12

| twelve |

a/n: hi loves, i'm on vacation so leave me a little treat by commenting lots? love you all :)

also, i haven't properly edited bc of said vacation, so i apologize if there's mistakes. x

z a y n

After cleaning up the blood that Ryan, The Dickhead managed to spill on Gwen's carpet, I had to have a serious talk with Alexandra about our current living arrangements. I'd seriously felt that we'd now overstayed our welcome at her nana's house and that it'd be best for us to move on elsewhere.

"So, do you see what I mean?" I ask her, tossing the paper towels in the trash. I stroll over to the dining table where she sits, sullen but still listening intently.

"I get it, yeah, but do we have to leave? We've only been here a few days." She shrugs her shoulders lightly, pouting at the mention of having to leave her grandmother already. Especially when they were just starting to reconnect. I feel like a dick for tearing her away from her family—since it's obvious that she's not really close with her father—but it needs to be done for her own safety.

"You know that it's for the best. It's so much better to keep moving. When you stay too long in one place, you leave a trace and that can easily be picked up by anyone who's trying to find us. It's just safer this way."

She sighs, resting an elbow against the table top while resting her chin in her palm. "I can't really fight this, can I?"

"Unfortunately not." I remark. "Whatever your father says, goes. Same goes with me."

"I just don't like the thought of it. Like, I've just broken up with Ryan. I want to mope and eat ice cream for a while, not readjust to another place."

"Actually, he's all the more reason to keep moving." I point out. "We've pissed him off. He could be out for blood now and he knows where you are right now." Shit. I hadn't even realized, but it's true. We've just seriously angered him and sent him off on his merry way. He now has the perfect motive to fuck with Alexandra's life by telling any of Victor's enemies where we are.

"I guess it makes sense," She murmurs, clearly not on board with this at all. But she knows better. She knows that once I talk it over with her father, it's official and that she frankly doesn't have much say in it. If she even has any.

"Can you think of anywhere we could go? Do you have any trusted family or friends or anything?"

She bites down on her lipstick-stained lip, thinking it over. "Honestly? The first person that comes to mind is Marc."

"Marc?" I question, this being the first time I've heard his name.

"He's an old friend of my mother's. Whenever we had to flee when my mom was around, we'd go to his place. We can trust him."

"You sure?"

She shakes her head, "Without a doubt. I'd trust him with my life."

"Alright, where's he at?" I question, readjusting myself in my chair.

"Canada."

"Canada?" I ask absentmindedly.

"Canada," She confirms. "British Columbia, to be exact."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. We can't cross a border, that'll make it easier to find us!" Just by passing the border, you're forced to be questioned by government officials who are going to wonder why you're entering their country. Granted, this is Canada we're talking about here, but still.