Chapter 14

Juliana went to sleep right after school and didn't wake up till late in the night. She stretched her arms and legs and got up. This can be my time to do some exercises.

Stretching again once she got up she focused on the light posed up head and willed it to turn on. Several minutes went by and she sighed admitting defeat.

Man if I can't even do something as simple as this how can I do something major or small when I need it. Not to mention I didn't have the best school day. Well at least today's Friday. Do you think I'll see Lucas? No!!! What brought that up? I don't know!!! Don't even go there remember the whole 'cut ties' thing we have established. I know but for that one moment it was...nice?

Trying hard to stop the blush that was already forming she turned her attention back to the light and tried again. She closed her eyes imagining the light getting brighter and in no time when she opened her eyes it did.

She knew something was wrong though when the light kept burning brighter and soon the light post exploded. She closed her eyes as she flinched as if she could feel it but when she opened her eyes again the light was still there.

Holding her gasp in she tried doing something else. Never have I been able to do that, not without anger consuming me. Okay okay let's focus, just focus.

She closed her eyes and imagined the light coming to her as she did the wind started picking up speed. The light was getting closer and closer until it finally reached her, just three feet away. She tried bringing it closer with her wind but it wasn't working.

Slowly she took a step forward and watched it take a step back. She couldn't believe what was happening something she created was moving away from her. Slowing her fast beating heart she moved forward again this time it didn't move. She moved forward till she was finally inches from it but she stopped moving. She waited for it to come to her.

Slowly it moved forward and when her hand touched it she felt the warmth of it and saw it turn into a figure. Closing her eyes momentary from the bright light she opened them to a dark red owl with hints of orange. She stood there and couldn't believe her eyes.

Okay did I just bring an animal to life? No I couldn't have. Maybe if I look away it will go away and I'll wake up to find this has all been a dream. Yeah.... No it's still there okay just say something.

"Hi... I umm Juliana it's nice...to meet you," she said slowly and watched as the owl flew to her shoulder rubbing his head on Juliana's neck. Trying to hold in her grin she stroke the owl's feathers and found them incredibly soft. The owl let out a chirp which sounded like a sigh till he got off her shoulder looked at her one more time then disappeared into a red cloud of smoke.

She stared where the owl was last seen then sat down again trying to comprehend all that just happened. Wow what a day.
****
Why can't I focus?

Lucas stared at the candle in the center of the table trying everything he could to lit it but it wasn't having it today. With a sigh he went over to his couch and stared at the candle before closing his eyes.

Why did that happen? Normally I can get it but I guess today's not my day. First I have a ear full with Victoria and her arm that never left mine, Julie won't even talk to me, and I yelled at the pack. Did I miss anything? The only highlight of my day was seeing Julie after I quickly put her stuff in her locker and closed it so no one could get it. But then she pushed me away. Why? Oh my goodness I must be so tired that I called Juliana Julie again by accident. Though the name does suit her.