Chapter 5

It was like rain. But instead of water it was tiny shards of concrete, falling down from the ceiling.

Ladybug was darting through the school, looking for trapped students. The building had suffered a lot of damage on the left side of the school. There was a gaping hole in the ceiling for starters. Plus, the foundation was unstable after Rock Man unleashed his earthquake.

Ladybug didn't expect things to go out of hand so quickly.

She raced through the school, keeping an eye out for any trapped students. Her gaze caught sight of a fellow classmate, Max, who was crouched beside a piece of fallen debris.

"Ladybug!" Max exclaimed with relief. His eyes were wide with fear. Ladybug had never seen the boy so afraid.

He frantically pointed to the heap of debris. "My friend is trapped beneath this rubble. I'm afraid he doesn't have long before his safety is compromised!"

Ladybug's heartbeat quickened. Was it Adrien? She immediately reached for her yoyo.

"Please help," Max said quickly.

"It'll be okay," Ladybug nodded firmly, placing a hand on his shoulder. She then leaned in closer to the pile of debris at an attempt to call for the trapped student. "Hello? Can you hear me?"

"Y-Yes!" the deep voice replied, his voice shaken. It was no doubt Nathanael. "Help me Ladybug!"

"I'll get you out of there! Just stay calm!" Ladybug yelled. She threw her yoyo and the string wrapped around a large chunk of rock. With a grunt, she began to pull.

Ladybug's arms screamed with effort as she began to pry the rock off Nathanael. Finally, with another grunt, the rock slid off slowly and rested in front of Ladybug. She was always astounded by her immense strength, but that was one of her physical abilities that got enhanced when she transformed.

Nathanael slowly lifted his head. His face was covered with dirt and grime. His eyes scanned his surroundings before he stepped out of the pile of debris surrounding him. He breathed a sigh of relief when he noticed the sketch pad in his hand was not damaged.

"Thank you, Ladybug," Nathanael said quietly, brushing a piece of his hair out of his face.

Ladybug was breathing heavily from the adrenaline. She smiled and nodded at the boy, grateful that he wasn't injured. "No problem. Be careful getting out, okay? I have to make sure there aren't any other trapped students."

Max and Nathanael nodded simultaneously before jogging off down a hallway to the stable side of the school so they could leave safely.

Ladybug stood up, wondering where her partner was.

As if on cue, Chat landed besides Ladybug, a grin on his face. It was very out of place considering they were on a mission to rescue trapped students, but she wasn't going to question it.

"Hello, m'lady," Chat bowed.

"Save your charm for later, kitty cat. We need to continue finding any trapped students," Ladybug said.

"Already did," Chat nodded. "Checked the entire school. Other than a few people, which I took care of, there was no one else in danger."