My Alpha Mate Rejected Me *Prologue*

Prologue

*Two years ago*

My heart raced as it had all night as I looked over the crowd, trying to figure out why my heart rate had been out of control ever since I arrived at the dance that the Alpha was holding for all teen wolves. He's such a nice man, always trying to do anything to bring the pack closer, though we're already like family.

Feeling a presence near me, I looked up just as a guy about my age or a year older looked up and met my eyes. My heart, which had been uneven all night, suddenly stopped, before pounding rapidly in my chest as if trying to burst out.

The man before me was handsome, beautiful. With eyes as blue as the sea, and hair blacker than night, I had the sudden urge to throw myself at his tall, muscled, tan, sexy body. One word whispered through my mind,"Mate."

Though in the same moment, his expression of shock was replaced by disbelief and anger. My shock too, disappeared and I felt confused and yet happy also. I have finally found my mate, though why is he angry? Is he angry at me? What could I possibly have done in the few seconds that I have found him?

Before I could do, or say anything, his deep rough voice that sent shivers down my back, spoke,"Follow me." It wasn't a question, but a demand and I quickly got up to follow my mate. As we walked, I noticed that my mate was none other than the Alpha's son, Jake Smith.

Before I could think anything else, we were in a room and I was still confused on what was going on, and as Jake just stood there, shaking in anger, I softly asked,"Jake? What's wrong?" He suddenly whipped around, eyes blazing with fury.

He let out a low growl before he spat,"You! I don't want a mate. I'm not ready to be tied down, and yet here, suddenly, I find you! I'm sorry Arrow, but as of now, I officially reject you as my mate." His words didn't register in my mind.

I officially reject you as my mate. I officially reject you as my mate. I officially reject you as my mate.

Those words just kept going around and around, yet I still didn't understand. I thought a mate was your other half, that you were suppose to feel nothing less than love towards them, but here Jake was, looking so emotional, and uncaring.

Softly, I asked,"You... you don't want me?" He shook his head and growled,"No, I don't. With the power of the Alpha blood, I demand you to keep your mouth close about us being mates. Understood? Good." Then before I could say anything else, he stormed out.

My mate doesn't want me. My mate rejected me. My mate ordered me not to tell anyone. My mate just crushed me. All I could feel was a numbness, until everything came crashing down on me and an unbearable pain ripped through me, causing me to fall to the ground as tears instantly sprang to my eyes.

And I sat there and cried, and sobbed for my lost mate, who rejected me, until the pain was so high that my body did the only thing it could do, it knocked me out and I openly welcomed the blackness to soothe me.