I Think You're Better of With Him

You are stunning, courageous, Beautiful in every aspect of the word. The name Rose truly suits you, a embodiment of love, of others infatuation, yet you will not hesitate to slice others with your sword, like thorns, when others get to close to the things you care about. I have fought for your cause since the day the thought of rebellion crossed your mind. I have given up everything for you. I've left my life as a servant on Homeworld to fight along side you, I've risked getting shattered to protect you because despite what you say, you are too important. I have given you nothing but my love and admiration for the eons that we have been together. We were supposed to be together always. Inseparable like Ruby and Sapphire. So it just perplexes me to the core on how a mere human could get in the way of all that.

I remember when I first met Greg. He found his way into the temple and the gems and I were going to throw him over the fence, dispose of him, until you came and stopped us. I saw the astonishment in his eyes as he looked at you. I saw the eagerness in your eyes as he gave you that cheap polyester shirt and as you told how Greg was a musician. The look on your face..... I've always wanted to make you look like that. When he left I tried to divert your attention towards me, make you remember who was your Pearl. I blurted the first thing that came to my head but all I got back was ridicule and laughter. But it was worth it I got you to focus on me, and me alone for a brief moment. Everything was perfect. But then that human came back again, and again, and again.

You fell in love with him. You would spend your time singing and dancing with him but I knew it must be a phase, it had to be, for my sanity. I remember fusing with you to make Rainbow Quartz. I've always loved fusing with you. It just makes me feel so alive, like myself. I fused with during that moment with Greg because I wanted to somehow claim you, assert myself onto you. But even after we were apart all you cared about was Greg. I watched as he attempted to fuse with you. He failed clearly, but why didn't you stop dancing with him? Fusion is the closest connection between Gems, for a Human and a Gem? Impossible. Yet Garnet said it worked. That when I realized, you didn't love me the way I love you. You loved Greg. But why? He has never done anything for you. Never done anything to deserve your love. But it doesn't matter in all truth. Humans only live for a maximum of one-hundred years anyway. Eventually, you'll be mine again.

You just announced that you're pregnant. You told me that you have to give up your physical form in order to have this child. You in trusted me as his caretaker, to teach him about our cause. I smile and say I will do my best. Just like a Pearl loyal to the end. I realize that this means that I'll never see you again
Never get to feel strength, your courage, your grace. What am I supposed to do now? We were supposed to stay on stay on this planet together. Now I have no one. But I will have your offspring to raise. I will teach him of your legacy. Teach him how to be a Crystal Gem. Teach him about honor and bravery and strength. Teach him to be just like you. And even more