Chapter 2 ~ Awaken

Erik

As I carried the woman my house, I faltered in my thoughts. What had happened to me? Just a year ago I would have left the girl in the hands of the man. Hell, I wouldn't have even walked closer to the screams that led me to this girl.

As if my thoughts had been understood by the pitiful thing in my arms, the girl shivered and shifted closer to me. Her head rested in the nape of my neck and her arms were huddled together in front of her chest. The chest which was so barely moving. The shallow breaths I heard her take sounded labored and came with a grimace from her faint form. I rolled my eyes at the girl. This was such an inconvenience for me, for I had not gotten my supplies.

Why was she in the streets in the first place? What had she done to be in the position that I had found her in, pushed against a wall with a hand around her throat and blood dripping down her body as hands grasped her in areas not at all proper. Just thinking of the scene, my anger flared.

Sure, I may be a monster but I would never go so far to kill a woman to rape a woman, at that . It was clear in my eyes the intentions of this man. He wished not to kill directly but to torture. Thinking back, I should have strangled him, or made certain of his death instead of only harming him so that the girl could escape. But of course my plans had been ruined as she sunk to the ground. I couldn't leave her to be tortured.

As we reached my home I couldn't help but wonder. Why had I taken this girl in? A monster such as myself could do nothing but hurt. The monster that consumed me had no ability to heal. But yet, I had taken the pitiful thing in my arms and now was to welcome her to my own home. As I looked down at the girl once more, something clicked. She was the one that I had heard singing. The one who's family had perished in the opera house. The girl with the angelic voice that interested me greatly. And the girl who had thanked me so kindly for my cloak on that cold night. Speaking of it, she was draped in it now.

I sighed again in annoyance as her small form pressed closer to me. I paused momentarily and laid her against a wall as I wrapped another cloak around her.

After a few more minutes of sliding through shadows I walked into my home and laid the girls body on a deep gray couch in my living area. As I lit a fire I thought back to where I had left my medical supplies. As I searched in my kitchen I heard an almost inaudible sigh from the room I had just left. This was followed by a scream of pain that caused my head to whip around and scramble for the medical supplies. As I rushed back to the room I looked at the form on my couch.

What was I to do with her?

Amoura

I felt like absolute hell. My body was aflame with pain from the many things that had happened. And I was cold to the point of freezing. I hoped against hope that I was in my final stages of death, that I would soon join my family as I so hoped to. I couldn't be sure if I was dying or living, for everything was blurred. But as seconds passed I realized that the pain was getting sharper, not dying away. A sigh escaped my mouth. Why did I have to be teased? Why was I forced to live another day without my family, another day on the streets. Speaking of the streets, I certainly wasn't on them. The object I lay on was plush and comfortable, strange.

As these thoughts passed my mind, my senses sharpened. My semi-consciousness was formed into total consciousness. And with this, my body gained full feeling. Pain ripped through me and I could see nothing as tears blurred my vision. A scream of pain ripped through my body. I could not move for my body convulsed on its own accord. As sobs ripped through my body, I felt a presence next to me. My eyes widened and I tried to move away from the person, thinking it was the horrid police officer back again. But as the silhouette shifted, I saw those eyes that had stared at me angrily. It was the man who saved me.

He looked at me from above and all I could see was a white mask and those eyes that changed so often. As pain ripped through my body again much sharper than before, I cried out again, focused now on my pain and nothing else. In my daze, I kicked out a leg as a convulsion rocked my body. The leg that had been kicked out just so happened to catch the man in the thigh. He grunted in annoyance at me

"Do you want me to help you, foolish girl?" He sighed.

"I won't hurt you, just trust me." He spoke. His voice was deep and alluring. But I couldn't focus on that now. He paused for a moment before taking action. He touched my forehead with the back of his hand and looked the rest of my body. When he was done evaluating me, he shook his head.

"Burning fever. Your ankle looks broken. The cuts in your stomach and back will have to be stitched your head seems to have some damage done and a few of your ribs appear to be broken. Im going to have to move your arm back into place." He spoke.

I looked at him nervously and he sighed in response. I didn't wish to be in any more pain then already.
" I'm sorry, my dear but it appears I have no choice. This should hurt a bit, I apologize."

That voice was the last thing I remember as he snapped my arm back to normal, leaving me in agony and forcing me to faint.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello!! Thank you for reading! Sorry for the intensity of the past chapters but I assure you that it will die down!! Not that I don't believe that you phans can't take a bit of action ;) I never read authors notes so I won't drag this on but thanks for reading!