Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Landon's POV

After my conversation with Eric I realized that I had to woo him... well I didn't really have to but I was going to.

I had to plan on where I was going to take him and ask someone to watch Elliot. Since it was cool outside I had to make plans in doors. I sat on the couch and pondered what I was going to do. I was happy that Alpha Sam and his pack left.

As far as I knew Eric was taking a nap. Elliot was sitting on the floor playing with some blocks. He was feeling better which made my mind a bit more clear. I was in the process of thinking through my plans when my dad walked in the room.

"How are you Landon?"

"I'm fine...why?"

"I was just wondering how you were taking your mate being a guy."

"I'm fine, actually I'm more than fine. He's perfect."

"How is he with Elliot?" my dad asked stiffly.

"He's amazing with Elliot, last night when Elliot got up crying I was about to get up, but he took care of him.

He speechless. He didn't know what to say.

"Well, that is a good thing," he sighed, "Landon, I'm not happy about your mate being a man."

"It's not your place to say anything, now if you'll excuse me, I don't want Elliot listening to bashing my mate."

I picked up Elliot and put on his coat. I then headed upstairs to grab my own sweatshirt.

"What's wrong Landon?" Eric asked in a small voice.

I swallowed hard, "Uh, it's nothing really, I just need the advice of a really good friend. Do you want to come with us?"

"I-I don't know, I'm really good around people."

I sighed, "You don't need to be good around people," I sat down on the bed, "Babe, if you don't go out and get some form of communication your gonna go crazy. So what do you say?"

He smiled, "Then let's go I guess. Oh, um... Landon can I borrow a jacket or a sweatshirt of yours?"

"Yeah, of course. Go grab one in the closet. We have to make room for your clothes too."

Those beautiful hazel eyes looked at me through long lashes, "I don't have that much clothes."

That's something we can do. I thought to myself.

"We'll go on Friday night when I get back from school."

Just before he opened the closet door he looked at me, "Landon, you really don't need to do that."

"This isn't up for discussion," I said seriously.

"S-sorry s-sir," he stuttered out shrinking away from me.

I sighed, "Dammit Eric, I hate it when you call me sir. It makes me sound cruel," I said sitting Elliot down on the bed and walking towards Eric.

"I- s-sorry."

I brought him into an embrace and hugged him tightly. He let out a small sob.

"Listen, I didn't mean to scare you. If your gonna be with me, let me spoil you."

"I-I don't know how."

"Just accept it and don't feel guilty," I said letting him go and finding one of my smaller sweatshirts.

He smiled at me and I grabbed Elliot and we left.

Once at Sarah's house Eric sat on the floor with Elliot and "wrestled" with him, while Sarah and I talked quietly in the kitchen.

"I can't believe your dad told you that," she whispered angrily.

"Yeah neither can I. So I was thinking of taking him out this Friday... do you think you could watch Elliot for a few hours?"

She smiled and nodded rapidly, "Of course! Now let's get back in there before he thinks we're talking about him."

We walked back out with drinks and Eric smiled as I handed him his. Elliot played with Sarah's little brothers old toys. I sat down on the floor and pulled Eric between my legs. He let his head roll back against my chest.

Sarah and I bullshitted and she asked Eric on his opinion on things. after a few hours we went back home.

When we got home Elliot ran to his room to play with his toys and Eric and I went into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"What do you want to eat, Eric?"

"I-I've never really tried many things before, in my old pack, I would get beaten if I tried to even taste what I was making."

I tensed. I wasn't sure how to respond, although I was beyond pissed.