Chapter 7- What are we?

And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me

"...and appreciation for Western Civilization by familiarizing them with some of the most important...", my teacher droned on. I tried to listen but it went in one ear and out the other, honestly after yesterday I really just wanted to leave.

☕︎Yesterday☕︎
Kei's POV

After taking a small nap to pass the time, I checked my phone, it was 2:50. I got up to leave still slightly drowsy, the park was only a block away. I hope Yamaguchi doesn't stand me up, I thought as I grabbed my jacket. The snow melted awhile ago, and the autumn chill was setting in, along with the leaves, I thought as they crunched under my feet. I decided to take the longer route to the park, autumn was always my favorite season, the city is always pretty during fall. Unlike spring with all the flowers blooming, fall is more faded out. The leaves that were once bare for winter, are now filled with orange and brown leaves, and the people here already have pumpkins and scarecrows out to add to the homey feeling. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy fall but spring is when the Sakura trees start blooming. If this conversation goes well I could take pictures of Tadashi with them. He's a model, hopefully he won't mind. It would be a nice piece for my photography class, anyway Kei don't get your hopes up yet, you have to talk to him first.

I look away from the trees when a leaf falls on my nose, I brush it off to see I've made it to the park. I've been here with Tadashi before, but looking at it in the fall is different. Where as the trees were bare and the ground glistening with snow, the trees were now full and the multicolored leaves crunched under my shoes as I started towards my favorite spot.

There was a bench placed right under the trees so when the sun was right over head, it shined through the leaves dotting the bench and surrounding ground with splashes of color, and it just so happened that the afternoon was when the sun was high in the sky. I sat down and checked my phone, it was a little past three. I hope I don't get stood up, that would hurt, emotionally and physically, when I hit myself with a bucket of ice cream. I look up to the sound of chattering, and not the squirrel kind. There was a big crowd gathered around, ah yep, Yamaguchi.

Honestly he doesn't look, that good, well... I turned my head to the right to look at a group of birds near the swing set. The park really is a good place to take pictures, the scenery is so faded out and aesthetic, I should bring my camera some time.
"Tskki...", I looked away from the birds now pecking at the ground, "hey" I replied. The crowd slowly dispersed, a few hung around, but by the time Yamaguchi sat down they were all gone. "So..." I started, now that we were here my mind was drawing a blank, "last night?", I said but it sounded like a question.

I steeled my nerves, I confessed there's no going back. "So about last night, and the uh thing I said". Tadashi smiled, "yeah, you said you liked me with well more words."
I could say I blushed at that, but I'd rather not. "Yeah and you said sorry, why?" I had to bring it up it was nagging at my mind since this morning. Yamaguchi looked away, then looked back, "I had a girlfriend a few years back, when I really tried to get into modeling, I spent as much time with her as I could. But she thought it wasn't enough, she wanted all my attention, everyday. It was the cause for a lot of fights we had- well more like she screamed at me and I listened.

That and my work was hard to manage, so we started drifting away, and she wanted to break up, she said 'falling in love with you was a mistake, you can't even sort out your personal and professional life. I feel bad for the next person'. I still don't know if she said that because I did something and ended up hurting her feelings or if she was crazy but it still hurt, even if I tried to think she was wrong those words stuck with me. Modeling or any work in general can't wait for anyone but love can. People can wait and out of everyone I though she would understand that. I said sorry because I don't wanna hurt you to."

It took a moment to comprehend that, and then I grabbed Tadashi and hugged him. "Don't think I'm that sensitive, I'm not some stupid girl. I know how to deal with my emotions. If I said I loved you that meant that I was okay with dealing with whatever happens alright?" I said hugging him tightly.
I felt it before I heard it, Yamaguchi started shaking and then he was crying. This is not how I wanted this to go. "Yama?" I felt his grip tighten. "tsukki... I love you, I really do." I smiled, "at least take me on a date first."

I lent Tadashi my shoulder while he composed himself, and then he finally sat up. His eyes were still puffy, I reached my hands out to wipe off the rest of his tears. "The park really is pretty don't you think?" I asked.

Oh. I don't won't to admit that I've never kissed anyone before, but yeah I haven't. Yamaguchi was I'd say a really good kisser. His lips were soft and I forgot about everything for minutes, hours? I wasn't sure. Minutes became hours, hours became days. It could have been another year before he pulled away with a bright red face. "That was new", I said after a minute. Yamaguchi let out a nervous laugh and cupped my face. I lazily wrapped my hands around his waist.

☕︎

Really, I thought there would be more to this conversation, but it turned out well. We were still sitting on the bench, holding hands. It had been only a few minutes but I really enjoyed the happy side of Tadashi better. "Fall is nice but I think spring is better don't you think tsukki?", I turned to look at him, "I like fall better but if you let me take pictures of you with sakuras in your hair I might enjoy spring more than winter", I said with a small pink tint to my cheeks.
Yamaguchi giggled, "it's a date!"
I exaggerated a sigh, "I hope I don't have to wait till spring for our first date".
"No, no we can go now!" Yamaguchi said pulling on my coat. I laughed lightly,
"How about this weekend?", Tadashi smiled, "Alright this weekend then!"
I chuckled and  pressed a kiss to his forehead.

☕︎Present☕︎
So now you see why I'd rather have this class pass faster. But as it is, I need to graduate and Yamaguchi is at the coffee shop anyways. I'll stop by between classes.
That little thought made the hour better.

Hey hey hey! Now the question everyone wanted has been answers, yeah poor Yama had a rough year after that little breakup, I might do backstories as small spinoffs when the real story ends, which sadly will be the next chapter😭 But I'll keep it alive with extra stuff!!👍 Love you readers😌 author-chan out✌️
(Also I realized that I said the snow melted and such and now its fall and that's bc in the fall it snows where they live but it's slowly transforming into  winter again with a lil break cause weird temperature patterns.)

Don't forget to vote and comment!❤️