Take Me Home

FEBRUARY 13

Today was the day before Valentine's Day. A few days ago, I turned 21 with my twin brother Anthony Ladao of Midnight Red. I woke up and I realized something. I was supposed to be meeting Sean on the beach at noon. I looked at my phone. The time read 11:30. I only had half an hour to get ready and do everything that I needed to do. 

I got out of bed, the cold wood floor freezing the soles of my feet as I walked to my dresser. I grabbed my clothes and went to take a shower. Jumping into the really hot water too fast made me realize that I had left both the bathroom doors unlocked. The bathroom was shared between 2 rooms and since I lived with my brother and his band mates, I had to share the bathroom with one of them. That one just had to be Colton, the one I had a crush on. 

As the water started losing it's temperature, I decide it was time to get out. I stepped out of the shower just as Colton was walking in. I grabbed a towel as fast as I could, hoping he didn't see anything.

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry Jay. I should've knocked." he pleaded while covering his eyes.

"Colton, it's fine. You can open your eyes. I'm covered." I giggled. He slowly uncovered his eyes.

"Jay, I just want you to know that I didn't see anything."

"Okay. Understandable." I said while walking over to the mirror to grab my brush. "Mind getting out for like a minute while I change?"

"Oh. Sure. No problem." he replied while stepping out to let me get dressed. A minute later, he knocked on the door. "You done yet girl?"

"Yes. You can come back in now." i said as he walked in. 

"So...I hear you got a big date in 20 minutes." he grabbed his toothbrush and started brushing. I did the same.

"Yeah. I guess so. We usually go on little dates like this though."

"Yes. But you've been dating for a year now. It's your anniversary and the day before Valentine's day. I'm pretty sure he has something big planned out for you."

"Well one can only hope." I said while spitting into the sink. I set my brush and toothbrush down. "I gotta go now. Don't wanna be late." I said as I walked out of the bathroom, went downstairs, got in my car and drove to the beach. Somehow, I knew that today was gonna be a great day.