Chapter 2

Remember when I said that today was going tp be good? Yeah well I lied. Today sucked.

I was running home as fast as I could and tears were streaming down my face. It was also raining outside and I had no idea where I was going.

As I was running, I turned a corner and ran into someone, knocking both of us down in the process. When the other person stood up, they held their hand out for me. I grabbed it and looked up at his face.

"Colton, what are you doing in the rain?"

"Looking for you."

"Why would you need to be looking for me?"

"Sean called and told us what happened and that you ran off in the opposite direction you should have gone. He cares about you."

"Ha. That's bullshit."

"It's actually not."

"Then why the fuck would he go and cheat on me Colton?"

"Wait a second...he cheated on you?!?!?" Colton exclaimed. He had a look of anger in his eyes and he clenched his fist.

"Yeah." I said. I was still crying and the rain was hiding it.

"Jay, are you okay?"

"Nope." I said. I swallowed the lump in my throat as Colton pulled me closer. His umbrella kept him dry and he was really warm. Meanwhile, I was soaked from head to toe. "Colton, I'm getting you soaked."

"I honestly don't care. I'm just glad you're okay." he said as he kissed my forehead.

"Colton, can we go home now?"

"Yeah sure. Anything you need before we're back?" he asked as we started walking.

"Well I kinda want a piggy back ride but don't want to get you soaked by the rain."

"If I get sick, I'll have you to take care of me. But either way, I don't care. Hop on." he said as he folded up the umbrella and bent over. I hopped on his back and he walked as fast as he could to the house. I don't remember much because I had soon fallen asleep while he carried me.

~Colton's POV ~

I found out that what Sean had said to us on the phone was a total lie. He said she broke up with him but Jay said that he cheated on her. I swear I'm going to kill him for cheating on her. She's an angel. While I was giving her a piggy back ride back to the house, I noticed that she fell asleep. I got back and gently set her down on the couch. She was soaked so i grabbed a new outfit for her and a towel. I wrapped her up in the towel and she was shivering. I held her close to me and she stopped shaking.

"Is she okay?" Anthony asked as he walked into the room.

"Yeah. And remember what Sean said on the phone?"

"Yeah."

"Well he lied. She didn't break up with him for no reason. She broke up with him because he cheated."

"What? That son of a-"

"Anthony, calm down. He's not worth it." I sighed and noticed Jaycee was waking up.

"I'm cold." she muttered.

"I know. I brought you some clothes to change into. Here." I handed to outfit to her.

"Thank you." she smiled before heading to the bathroom.

"Do you like my sister?" Anthony asked.

"What? No. That's just weird."

'Liar. I know you Colton. You like her. Just admit it."

"Fine." I like your sister. Who doesn't?"

"Well I think Thomas and her have a hate against each other."

"Yeah I can definitely see that." I chuckled. Jaycee came out of the bathroom and sat down on the couch.

"I'm sorry for making you guys come look for me." she sighed and curled up into my side. I smiled and played with her hair.

"It's not your fault Jay. I was glad to go and look for you. I got you home faster than you would've if you had stayed out longer. Imagie how sick you'd be."

"Thanks Colton. You're so sweet." she smiled and i pulled her closer. She yawned and I smiled. 

"If you're tired, you can fall asleep right now. I won't mind."

"Alright. Thank you." she yawned again and I played with her hair. I started singing her a lullaby and she slowly went to sleep. Honestly, I would do anything for this girl, even if she was my best friends sister. She meant a lot to me and I never want to see her hurt again.