Chapter 4

6:35 p.m.

Emily-
I got out of the shower and dried off. All the guys would be here any minute. I rushed to my closet and picked out an outfit.

I put it on and straightened my light brown hair

I put it on and straightened my light brown hair. I put on mascara, eye liner, and a light pink lipstick. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I haven't been this happy in a while.

Hayes really helped me. He really tried making me laugh and smile. I went to my room and grabbed my phone before going down the stairs. Just as I reached the bottom, the doorbell rang. I went to the door and opened it.

"Hey, guys!" I smiled. I hugged all of them and they all went to the living room. Hayes was last and he stayed back with me. "You look- just wow," he smiled. He looked me up and down and I felt my cheeks burn a bit.

"Um, thanks," I nervously laughed. He looked up at me and we were both blushing.
"Em!" I went to the kitchen and my mom was holding a bowl of pasta. I took it to the dining room then she came in with a bowl of salad. I left and went to the living room. All the guys were watching basketball.

"Dinner is ready." They didn't move. I went to the TV and turned it off. "Come on Em!" Aaron whined. "Unless you want cold food, I suggest getting to the dining room," I said. They ran to the table and sat down. I took a seat at the end of the table next to Taylor and across from Hayes. We passed around the food and began to eat.

"We should play a game after dinner," Cam smirked. "I know that smirk. Truth or dare?" Nash smirked. I rolled my eyes and continued eating. "You in, Em?" Hayes asked with pleading eyes. "Fine." The guys cheered and finished eating. We all went to the game room upstairs. We sat in a circle in silence.

"Em! Truth or dare?" Taylor said. "You're evil," I said and he smiled. "Fine, um truth," I said. "Do you miss us?" He asked with puppy eyes and his lips pouting. "No," I smirked. He fell back and began over exaggerating his death.

"You killed him!" Jacob fake cried. "You know I was kidding right?" I asked with a shrug. Taylor sat up and tackled me. He tickled me and then got off me. We sat back in the circle and I thought. "Blake! Truth or dare?!"

"Dare!" I thought for a second. "Anyone got one?" I asked. Hayes jumped up and came to my side. He whispered the dare in my ear and I smirked. "Oh god," Blake said. "Okay, Blake. I dare you to go to one of the houses on the street in just your underwear and ask to borrow sugar." His face went pale then he laughed nervously.

"Do it, do it, do it!" The guys shouted. He got up and started going downstairs. We followed and found him ready on the porch. "Oh, it's raining. Guess I can't do it," he said. "Oh no. You're doing it," I smirked. He glared at me and ran across the street.

Those are the new neighbors. They just moved in yesterday. I didn't meet them, but this is definitely something to talk about. A girl my age answered the door. She smiled and left to go back into the house. Blake came back smiling. He was soaking wet. He held up a plastic bag with sugar and a piece of paper.

"You got digits?!" Hunter screeched, his voice cracking slightly. Blake nodded and all the boys freaked. "See, my dares aren't that bad," I smirked. "That was my dare," Hayes said. I punched him and he pushed me back. I stumbled and fell into the rain. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Hayes said coming to help me up. He pulled me up and we walked back onto the porch.

"That gives me an idea," Taylor smiled. He pushed Jacob and Brandon into the rain and they glared at him. "RAIN DANCE!" He shouted. He put his phone down and it blared music.

We all ran out into the rain and danced. I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Taylor Swift and ZAYN played as the rain poured on us. The water ran down my back and little beads of water collected in my hair. I felt my feet leave the ground as someone picked me up. It was Nash.

"Hey! Put me down!" I laughed. "Never!" He smiled. "Hey! Get inside!" My mom called. We all laughed and went to the door. It was Hayes and I left. I went to go in, but he pulled me out. He looked down at me and smiled. "There's the Em I know," he smiled.