End of an Affair- The Sparks (Part 2)

© 2013 All Rights Reserve  Invincible_13 & DariaTheBest

 You don’t need hours days or years to fall in love with someone. A single glance, a single statement, single observation or an eye contact may melt your heart for someone (MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE). Something similar happened with Kevin & Diana too and this chapter will deal with how sparks flew between them.

  __________________________________________________

“Hey, you. Why were you smiling when Mr Paul asked me to leave”. Kevin asked Diana, who was trying to start her car.

“I”, she stammered. “I swear, I was not smiling, it may be a mistake on your part or error of judgment”, Diana replied.

Kevin suddenly move towards the windowpane of her car and removed her car key from the ignition bringing the car engine to an abrupt ending.

“I am sorry if you feel I smiled at you but I didn’t smile at you and I swear I won’t even look at you again to irk you or make you angry”, she said nervously.

(Since, I was trying to impress her myself, I asked Kevin to return her key to her and let’s move out of there but my appeal fell on deaf ears.)

“Please, return my key or I will be late to my home and I will be scolded at home”, she pleaded again and I also supported her plea with Kevin.

 “What will I get in return, if I return your key?”, Kevin asked.

 “Anything, I promise”

 “Are you sure”?, Kevin asked.

 "I mean anything that I can do for you."

 "Lolzz, then what was the need of saying anything when you don’t have the guts to do anything. Here are your car keys, take it back and I don’t need anything I was joking, Kevin said while returning her key and this is my friend Jim," he said pointing towards me and in eye to eye we shared pleasantries.

"See ya later then," we said to Diana and moved out of there. {I couldn’t help but notice a sprak in Diana eyes when Kevin moved back towards me and I thought that in coming days this is going to get more complicated}

 ( That one gesture of Kevin just changed him from a bad guy to a good guy in the eyes of Diana which make it practically impossible for me to woo her, moreover he was very good-looking and being the captain of the football team he was quiet popular too.)

 Next day, I arrived at school unnoticed as usual and on my own because Kevin had left last night for vacation with his family which they had planned a long time back and I noticed Diana looking towards me (I thought maybe she was interested in me J but that was not true and she was looking for Kevin instead of me).

After school got over, I was in the parking setting myself up on my bike when I saw her walking towards me. My heart started beating faster, I was still thinking that may be there was still some scope left for me J .

 “Hi, are you Kevin’s friend Jim, right”?

 Yes, I am, do you have chicken memory?, I replied in irritation.

 “I am sorry, since I am new, I was just confirming to make sure its you”

 "Yes, its me, what’s the matter now?" I asked her.

 “Nothing, actually I have been assigned Kevin as my partner for the political science assignment and since I found him to be absent, I felt like inquiring about him”.

 “Actually, he is out of town right now. I will communicate your message to him," I replied.

 “Can I have his cell number," she asked innocently.

(Giving her his cell number I moved from there thinking what the hell was so special with Kevin that every girl fell for him while none was interested in me. :P  )

I left for attending the funeral of my grandmother for a week (since she used to live outside the country) when I joined the school, I found that people had switched loyalty.  Kevin was no longer the Kevin I used to know. He was deeply into her. Earlier I used to be picked by Kevin daily but now she used to pick Kevin from his home. 

When I left for the funeral what happened between them I could never really understand but as Kevin told me later that she messaged him on his mobile and then started to chat for whole nights and days. She started preparing all his assignments and then started co-studies program and all. In a week everything was changed and you guys wouldn’t even believe that Kevin even gave his family a slip from the vacation and flew back for school making excuses just to meet her.

“Hey, come and sit here," Kevin pointed me out to the seat behind his desk and I politely refused.

 For few days, I avoided them both but noticing that my absence had no impact on their friendship, I joined them back.

"Whats wrong with you Jim?"

 "Nothing Kevin, I feel that you have someone more interesting with you so I am just giving you both some space," I replied.

 "Come one, stop behaving like a jealous girlfriend. We are just friends and I believed his words and everything turn normal again but I knew that spark had already flown between them.

                                                                                                                                            To be continued……..

 __________________________________________________________________________

Can some of the readers suggest what happened between them that they came so close. I am still baffled by this thought. Please comment and tell me.

 Please, vote, comment and follow me and @dariathebest ) She is the co-writer, editor of this story and all my poems too )