A Scandal in Belgravia - PART 1

The episode picks up precisely where “The Great Game” left off, with Sherlock aiming the pistol down at the bomb jacket. As he and Jim Moriarty stare at each other, the introduction to The Bee Gees’ song “Stayin’ Alive” begins to play tinnily. Sherlock and John look around, confused. Jim briefly closes his eyes and sighs in exasperation. 

JIM: D’you mind if I get that?

SHERLOCK (nonchalantly): No, no, please. You’ve got the rest of your life.

(Jim takes his phone from his pocket and answers it.)

JIM: Hello? ... Yes, of course it is. What do you want?

(He mouths ‘Sorry’ at Sherlock, who sarcastically mouths ‘Oh, it’s fine’ back at him. Jim rolls his eyes as he listens to the phone, turning away from Sherlock for a moment, then he spins back around, his face full of fury.)

JIM (into phone): SAY THAT AGAIN!

(Sherlock frowns.)

JIM (venomously, into phone): Say that again, and know that if you’re lying to me, I will find you and I will skin you.

(Sherlock looks round at John.)

JIM (into phone): Wait.

(Lowering the phone, he begins to walks forward. Sherlock looks at the bomb jacket fretfully and adjusts the grip on his pistol as Jim approaches. Jim stops at the jacket and gazes down at the ground thoughtfully before lifting his eyes to Sherlock.)

JIM: Sorry. Wrong day to die.

SHERLOCK (casually): Oh. Did you get a better offer?

(Jim looks down at the phone, then turns and slowly starts to walk away.)

JIM: You’ll be hearing from me, Sherlock.

(He strolls back around the pool towards the door through which he originally came, lifting the phone to his ear again.)

JIM (into phone): So if you have what you say you have, I will make you rich. If you don’t, I’ll make you into shoes.

(Reaching the door, he raises his free hand and clicks his fingers. Instantly all the lasers focused on Sherlock and John disappear. As Jim walks through the door and vanishes from sight, Sherlock looks around the pool but can see no sign of the retreating snipers. John sighs out a relieved breath.)

JOHN: What happened there?

SHERLOCK: Someone changed his mind. The question is: who?

(Elsewhere, a woman’s hand lowers her phone and switches it off. Wearing a pair of black Brazilian knickers under a sheer lace robe, she walks from the landing into a bedroom, lashing a riding crop against the door jamb as she speaks.)

IRENE: Well now. Have you been wicked, Your Highness?

(Inside the bedroom, a pair of naked legs can be seen lying on a bed.)

SULTRY FEMALE VOICE: Yes, Miss Adler.

NEW OPENING CREDITS!

221B BAKER STREET. MAY 30. John is sitting at the table in the living room updating his blog on his laptop. Sherlock, wearing a red dressing gown over his shirt and trousers, is standing at the other side of the table drinking from a mug while leafing through a newspaper. 

SHERLOCK: What are you typing?

JOHN: Blog.

SHERLOCK: About?

SHERLOCK BBC Manuscriptजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें