Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I took a sip of my coffee, the hot liquid singes my tongue and the back of my throat but I don't mind. I have always liked my coffee black, the hot bitter taste is quite refreshing for me. I set the cup down on the table. I stare into Elliot's eyes as he stared into mine, sitting in a small café not far from the airport, in a booth near the glass windows. The sun's bright rays shined through the glass illuminating the cafe with a soft glow. Silence hung the air, I played with a strand of my hair, racking through my brain to figure out what to say. It's funny, this reminds me of when we met outside of school and he brought me to a café, well...more like dragged me there.

~5 Years Ago~

Walking down the sidewalk to the corner store to buy some cola, to cool off. It was blistering hot out, I think I remember hearing the weatherman saying it was going to be in the high 90s, it was sticky too. My shirt clung to my body, and the back of my neck was sweaty. I had to tie my hair up in a ponytail to keep my hair from sticking to my neck, the frizz from the humidity is unbelievable. I walk into the small corner store at the end of Hillsbury Ave. A rush of cool crisp air washed over me, I let out a sigh as I savor the feeling of the cool air before I would have to leave. I made my way over to the soda fridge and grabbed a small cola. The touch of the chilled metal of the can against my sweaty skin was blissful. I brought it over the register, I put down the cola, a tall skinny boy with messy blonde hair and black glasses picked up the soda can and rung it up on the cash register.

"Hey Aria, trying to escape the heat?"

"Hey Lu-Lu, and the keyword is trying. It's hotter than Hell out there, it's so hot out there I think I might just faint," I made a melodramatic gasp putting my hand on my forehead and pretended to faint.

Lucas snickered, "You are always so melodramatic Aria," I gasped again, I put my hands on my hips, "Not true!" I pouted, he looked at me over the rim of his glasses staring at me, his eyes are the color of whiskey in the sunlight I always love looking at his eyes and raised his eyebrow in an arch at me. I tried my best to keep a poker-face, but inevitably failed and broke into giggles.

"Okay, Miss. Giggles that will be $1.25 please."

"Okay!" I chirped, I loved messing around with Lucas, I dug into my pockets, taking out a crumpled one dollar bill and a quarter. I dropped the money on the counter and Lucas handed me my soda.

"See ya, Lu-Lu," I waved, I turned to leave when Lucas called out my name. I turned around.

"Aria!"

"Yes?"

"Well, you know the about the festival tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Well, are you going with anybody?"

I stood there for a moment, surprised that he even ask me that, I was going to answer him when someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside.

"Hey! Let go of me!"

We walked about a half a block, then my kidnapper stopped. I looked at my kidnapper to see it was Elliot! He looked upset. He let go of my wrist from his tight grip. I rubbed my wrist, "Why did you drag me out here!?"

"Do you want to go with Lucas to the festival?" You could hear the scorn dripping on the word Lucas.

"Why do you care?" I snapped.

"Answer the question Aria," He commanded.

You see it's been about two months since I moved here and I have already gained some confidence during that time, "I don't have to tell you anything Elliot," My voice challenged his own. I crossed my arms and glared at him. His eyes widened like he shocked that the once shy girl was challenging him.

"Whether I go with Lucas or not is my business," Even though I haven't even decided if I was going to or not he still had no right to come out of now where and demand things from me, "I have no idea why you are even being like this. It's not like you have even spent time with me outside of school nor take me anywhere," I pointed out.

He was quiet for a minute, shook his head as if he was agreeing to something in his head. "You're right, come with me," He grabbed my wrist again, pulling me into Café Love, the cute little coffee shop on the corner of Maple Street.

We entered the café making the little bell for the door ring, I looked around the café. Since I have never been in here, I didn't know what to expect. There were some booths placed beside the huge panels of glass windows, small little tables with either two or three seats and a few bigger tables that seemed more for friendly gatherings. Over on the other half of the café, there was the counter where you would order your coffee and pastries if you wanted. Behind the counter, there was the array of coffee machines, espresso, containers full of sugar, cinnamon, coffee grinds. The mugs were displayed on shelves, each one unique and colorful. On the counter, there was a little glass display case full of delicious treats to buy; danishes, donuts, bagels, croissants, tarts, and scones. At the register there was a cute girl working the register, counting the money. And a boy in the back, making a latte for someone.
Elliot went over to the counter and started talking to the girl then looked at me asking me what I wanted.

"Black. Like my soul," I snarked. He smiled. My heart fluttered, Great I still like him.

~Present day~
•Elliot P.O.V.•

I still couldn't believe that she is still here. Not just in my dreams, but in reality. My first and last love. I couldn't help but stare into her sparkling eyes. Oh, how I missed looking into those eyes. I divert my attention to her suitcase, I noticed a small plush panda keychain hanging from the handle. It looked so familiar, then it hit me. Could it be though? The same panda keychain I won for her at the fair?

~~~~~
Hey guys! So I finally updated!!! I finally got over my writers block and updated a story. I hope you like it!!!!