Chapter 27-Starless Night

E.L. POV
We exited the airplane and was taken to our hotel around the concert hall that would host the competition. We walked up the stairs with our bags and got our rooms. We piled into the elevator and pressed the button to the top floor seeing as the top floor was just one penthouse I was renting for our stay. The school offered to take care of our rooms but I declined telling them I would take care of everything for us.

I unlocked the door and everyone ran in admiring the furniture. Everyone immediately ran to choose their beds while Tyler and I took our time because we had instruments to carry.

"So how many rooms are there?" Tyler asked.

"Just two big rooms." I responded. "One for boys and one for girls."

"Oh okay." Tyler responded awkwardly.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked while holding my cello.

"W-what I'm not nervous!" Tyler stuttered.

"So what do you call that?" I asked cockily.

Tyler walked faster up the stairs while I struggled following considering how much of my energy I used today. Tyler looked back at me and seemed to notice my tiredness.

"You okay Ghetto?" Tyler asked using my nickname.

"Oh yeah I'm totally fine don't worry." I said with a fake smile.

Tyler narrowed his eyes at me. He set down his cello and walked down the stairs to where I was. He took my cello and I let out a squeal of worry.

"My cello!!" I yelled reaching for my cello.

"You look tired so I'm carrying this from now on." Tyler said with a serious expression.

"Fine, that means your getting me pastries and watching the stars tonight!" I said demandingly.

Tyler gave me a confused look before saying, "Why is that all you want?"

I stayed silent and climbed the stairs up to the girl room. I walked in with Tyler behind me with my cello. I took back the cello and Tyler left leaving Samone, Flama, Eve, Adara and I alone.

"I ship it." Samone said smirking. Even when she's the oldest of the girls she acts childish in some situations.

"What ship?" I say playing dumb.

"TyL." Adara said with a faint smile.

"Yeah sure I totally like him." I respond sarcastically.

"YES THE SHIP IS REAL!!!" They all yelled together.

"There's this thing called sarcasm." I say face palming.

"Who cares it's otp!!" Samone said cheerfully.

I gave her a death glare while the others laughed. These girls. I gave Samone a sad look and she gave me a sympathetic smile knowing about how much time I had.

Tyler POV
I entered the guy's room holding my violin when something went flying towards my face. I crouched down quickly and looked behind me to see it was an empty soda can. I looked up at everyone and gave them a 'what the heck' face.

"Sorry." Nathan mumbled with a not-so-sorry face.

"So what took you so long?" Daniel asked.

"Meh I was talking to E.L. and brought up her cello." I replied casually.

"Do you like her?" They all said together.

"Uh, in what way?" I ask nervously.

"Yup he likes her." Magnar said.

"And you're gay." I mumbled so no one could here me.

I threw my bags onto the free bed near the window. The room was huge with seven beds. A bathroom was at the end of the room. The bathroom was huge with everything needed for us. E.L. was so nice to get us this.

"So what'd she make you do this time?" Daniel asked while unpacking.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"If you brought up her cello then she obviously 'asked' you for something." Daniel responded with air quotes at the work ask.

"Oh yeah. I'm supposed to get her a pastry or something and she said something about looking at the stars." I responded while unpacking myself.

"You sure she doesn't like you back?" Kwan said teasingly.

"I never said I liked her and I doubt she likes me. I'm her partner for this competition, so I guess that's what we do." I responded a blush beginning to form on my face.

"Just make sure it's not a starless night tonight okay? Ever since E.L. was a kid she loved the stars, and always said she would love to watch the stars someday with someone besides me and Samone." Daniel said.

"Uh, sure."