Chapter Six

Hailey's Pov

It has been six months since we had met the boys and Liz had her accident. Since then, things have changed. Liz has passed away, a month after the attack, and we had a nice ceremony for her and we all tried to grieve in our own ways. Our group of girls has somewhat split since it was all hard for us to see each other and do things without Liz anymore. Maria and I stayed together and also spent the past couple of months hanging out with Zayn and Niall. No, we are not dating the boys. We have decided to just be friends so we dont confuse ourselves with feelings at this time. Abbie and Effy have moved out of town and haven't really contacted any of us since the funeral, but from what we've heard, they are doing okay. Harry and Effy had broken things off after Maria had a talk with Harry about it. Now, Harry is taking things slow with Toni and they both seem to be very happy with each other. Isabella and Louis got together, this rough time pulling them closer together, and they left the states and decided to vacation in Europe until Isabella feels comfortable to come back in town. Liam had some issues with his girlfriend so he's been trying to spend most of his time with her to patch things up. The boys also have been somewhat preparing for their upcoming tour. Niall and I have used our brilliance to write up a song or two for the new album and it came together amazingly. The boys leave for tour in about a month, and Maria and I are still trying to figure out how we are going to be without the boys here to help distract us.

"I don't know what i'm going to do without Zayn. I got so used to having him with me.. He has pretty much become a safety blanket to me. He always makes me feel so safe and secure, like nothing bad will ever happen to us." I smiled as i lean in and hugged Maria. "Don't worry, Maria. We will figure something out." Just then, I heard a knock on mine and Maria's apartment door. I stood up and answered it to see Zayn and Niall standing there. "Hey guys, I thought we were coming over to your place later?" I asked as I moved out of the way to let them in. "Well, we decided we wanted to see you sooner, so we just decided to come over." Zayn replied in which I smiled. "Alright, well we are glad to have you here." I looked over to Maria and noticed her weakly smiling at us. "Uh, excuse us one moment," I spoke as I grabbed Maria and led her into another room.

"Maria, what's wrong?" I asked softly so the boys couldn't hear us. "I know now why I don't want Zayn to go on tour.." she whispered. "Oh really? And why is that?" "I'm starting to like him. A lot. And i don't think I can deal with him being gone for so long, hails. What am I supposed to do?" I frown slightly as I try to think. "I don't know Maria, but you should stop worrying about it for now. You need to spend every moment you can with him before he leaves, and if I were you, I would probably tell Zayn how I feel about him." She nodded while listening to me. "You're right. I should tell him how I feel. Who knows what could come from it." She walked over to the door and grabs the handle. "Maybe you should do the same, Hailey. It's pretty obvious you like Niall and I'm positive he likes you too." I blushed brightly then shrugged. "I don't know, I don't want to ruin our friendship. I tend to do that with most guys I like.." I remembered when I told my ex boyfriend/best friend how I felt, and how that situation was horrible. I did not want a repeat of it. "Fine, whatever, lets just go talk with the boys then." Maria and I walked back to the living room and watched some tv while Maria tried to gather up enough courage to tell Zayn. Halfway through an episode of the show Riverdale, Maria stood up abruptly and grabbed Zayn's hand. She dragged him off towards her bedroom leaving Niall and I there alone.

"What was that about?" Niall asked looking over at me. "I'm sure we will both here what that was about when they are done," I said with a shrug and he nodded.

-
A/N
Here you go guys, sorry I haven't posted in so long. I haven't really had access to anything good enough for me to write chapters on.
Bye
Hailey xx