seven. tasting

Mari is thinking about Zayn.

Actually, Mari is thinking a lot about Zayn's lips.

Had Marcello declared it time to leave the stadium just a few seconds later, she's sure - positive, even - that he would have interrupted a kiss.

And Mari couldn't stop thinking about that what-if-kiss.

She's hoping Zayn is thinking about it, too.

"Let's go out," Lennon exclaims as they fall back into their room.

"Lennon," Mari grins, shaking her head, "it's pouring, man."

"Yeah..." And Mari laughs as Lennon stands between the curtains. She stares out at the rain. "Okay, tomorrow," she says. "Tomorrow, we go out."

"Okay, tonight. Tonight's the night we go out."

It's a beautiful day. At about 65 degrees, it's perfect light-sweater weather, and Mari is comfortable in her jeans and cropped sweater and flats the following afternoon. Both she and Lennon are sporting their natural hair today, heat-free, and Mari is jealous that Lenn's curly hair is down to the middle of her back when her own tight curls are barely making it to her shoulders.

"I'm down," she says, as she follows behind Lennon to the elevator in their hotel. They've just had lunch in their room and are now going out for the second half of the day. "You have a place in mind?"

"Well," she wiggles her eyebrows, "Marcello mentioned a few places last night. I was gonna ask him again today."

Mari nods. "Maybe he'll want to come with us."

"Ugh," Lennon sighs dramatically, falling against the wall, "I'd be living the dream."

And Mari laughs aloud as the girls enter the lobby, meeting the rest of Oasis for their planned activities for the day.

At the sight of the girls, Marcello's eyes light up.

"Ah, there are my girls," he grins, having grown closer to the two of them after their rainy game of tag the night prior.

The girls beam, dishing out hugs.

"Glad to see you two this morning," he grins, squeezing them in greeting. "Zayn and I nearly thought you both weren't coming."

"And miss you?" Lennon scoffs. "Never."

"Yeah, good morning to you, too," Zayn grins, lifting his fingers in a slight wave. "So nice to see you girls, too."

Mari laughs. "Oh yeah," she grins, "I forgot about you, Zayn."

"No you didn't," Lennon replies. "But, I get it. You two are joking. This is how you show affection."

"Anyway," Mari turns to Zayn. "Ignore her. We're going out tonight and you should come," she says. "Especially because you promised me you'd dance."

"Yeah, about that..."

"Oh no. No way. There's no backing out now."

"Marjani, I just...I don't dance."

"Think of it," Lennon interjects quietly, sticking her head between the two of them, "as a date night. Imagine you two are there together because you already like each other, so the pressure should be off, right? It should be good, hmm?"

Zayn lifts a skeptical brow. "Thought you'll be there as well?"

"Oh, I will be," she grins. "I'm just here for moral support," she winks as Mari laughs. "That, and I know Mari really wants you to go."