00; lost but found

0 0

L O S T B U T F O U N D

10:46 PM;
Party at Alexander Monroe's penthouse in L.A

THE ROOM WAS DIMLY LIT and that was the first thing Davina noticed. The second thing that filled her senses was the strong smell of cheap booze and the smoke from a joint the stranger is the corner had lit. Noise attacked her ears but she didn't even flinch; the music they play at her runway shows was much louder than the Kanye blaring from the speakers.

Why was she here? she mused as she was offered a drink. Gulping it down, Davina licked her lips and looked around the room for another.

And even though the party had started little over an hour ago, it hadn't fully begun until she walked into the room.

After all, as the tabloids liked to put it, she was the life of any party.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"DAVINA! I WAS WONDERING WHEN you'd show up!"

Alexander Monroe was, for lack of better words, a fuck boy, in absolutely every sense of the term.

So she wasn't surprised to see two leggy blondes hanging off his arms. Davina merely rolled her eyes, used to his disgusting behaviour.

"You know me, always late." Her eyes scanned the room and caught sight of a door, hidden behind a group of people playing beer pong. This party was more like a stereotypical high school party than one thrown by an A-Lister and frankly, it was boring her and she only arrived about five minutes ago.

Alex laughed and almost immediately the two girls giggled, despite not knowing what was funny. Dumb bitches. Davina rolled her eyes again.

"That you are! Well, you can call me anytime. Whatever happened between us isn't going to change our friendship." This time his voice became serious and Alex looked into her eyes, searching for a response.

"I know," she faintly whispered and abruptly left the scene, leaving Alex to his two bimbos.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

QUIETLY OPENING THE DOOR, SHE smiled, immediately relishing the cool air and gentle breeze. There was a balcony, a cute one with potted plants and cushioned chairs. Leaning on the railing, she looked down at the city lights and flashing cars all unaware of the broken girl with a shattered heart. She wasn't even sure if she had one anymore.

She heard the door open but didn't look back. Honestly, she was kind of pissed off that they had the nerve to ruin the tranquility of the night but at the moment she was too tired to do anything about it.

"Davina."

She hummed in response, not caring if the stranger knew her name. Most people did.

"Are you okay?"

Usually when this question was asked, Davina responded with blasé affirmation. But maybe it was something about that night because —

"No. No I'm fucking not."

The stranger took a seat next to her and Davina wasn't bothered to hide her tears.

"Davi," the stranger cooed and hand cupped her cheek. Slowly the tears began to subside and Davina leaned against the person, as they wrapped their arms around her. Clearly she was more drunk than she thought.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

Davina paused. She was probably never going to see this person again, so why did it matter if they had a heart to heart?

"I've been searching," she began slowly, trying to find the words, "for a home. For someone to come home to at night. Someone I can trust more than myself and someone who will love me for the mess that I am," she chuckled bitterly.

"I've been looking for a home because I'm tired of being alone and I want to have more to life than my name. What's the point of life if you can't share it with someone?"

"Have you ever found that home? That person?"

Davina smiled in spite of her sad heart. "Yes. I did. Once," Her smile fell and a frown replaced it. "But he's gone now even though he promised he would stay."

She felt their chest rise and fall as the stranger took a deep breath.

"Well I'm back now and I'm staying, just like I promised."

Davina raised her head and met the stranger's eyes. A hand gently traced his face and she shook her head in disbelief.

"Luke?"

"I'm here, Davi. Welcome home."

And just like that, she was a goner.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄