Introduction

Your POV
I read the case file again as I peeled the skin off my banana.

Target's Name: Amy Scotch
Age: 24
Race: Human
Status: single
Type: (none) [she gave up on love after having 7 heartbreaks]

I put the first case file inside my messenger bag and pulled out another case file.

Target's name: John Mathews
Age: 24
Race: Human
Status: divorced
Type: someone faithful [his ex wife cheated on him for another man]

I smirked. This is so easy.

I sat on the bench (a/n you're at the park), sit back and enjoy the show. I took a bite out of my banana as I waited for the perfect moment to strike. I saw Amy walking down the gravel road and John standing and looking up at the sky. She's almost there where I wanted her to be. Now's my chance.

1...

2...

3...

Now.

I threw the banana peel on purpose and like what I expected to happen, Amy slipped on it and was caught in the arms of John. They stared at each other's eyes. I saw the spark forming. Mortals might not noticed it, but I can see the aura of love surrounding them. My job here is done. I'll just monitor them for a few days and let the love blossom.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is (y/n) (l/n). I have been a Cupid ever since humans and monsters first walked on Earth. I'm also one of Aphrodite's top match-makers. I take my duties very seriously. Every match has to be precise and accurate. I won't accept a failed match on my records.

I let my wings flap into the air and went back to Aphrodite's temple headquarters. I shut the door of my office and started to do some paperwork. Gods, I hate paperwork. But it's worth it because I'm going to my 50 year vacation after a millennia of finding the destined match for each being.

*knock*

"Come in".

"Good morning, Cupid (y/n)! How's today's case go?". My secretary, (s/n) (secretary's name), asked.

"It's okay. Nothing special". I replied. "Why are you here anyway?".

"Well...". (S/n) gulped. "The boss wanted me to give you this". She handed me an old very ancient folder. I opened it. My eyes widened. Oh no...

"His name is Laito Sakamaki". She said nervously. "The hardest case ever known in match-making history. Boss Aphrodite said you have 2 days to think about the case. If you agreed to do it, please come to her office and tell her... You know the rest". I let her leave my office.

'There goes my 50 year vacation'. I sighed bitterly. 'I have to do this quick so I can get peace and relaxation'. I immediately went to my Boss' office after I made up my mind.