Chapter One.

It was a beautiful day in the fall and five years had passed since Aurora was born and all I could do is sit and admire her as she played with her twin cousins Jocelyn and Joshua. They also like her was half breeds part vampire other part witch, but for some reason I had a eerie feeling that they wasn't as powerful as her. As her mother I guess I could be worrying for nothing but then again I could be right like always I just hoped not this time. I heard someone come up from behind me. "Don't worry so much my love" Charles kissed me on the cheek "that's not so easy when you have a child as precious as ours" I winced and buried my face in his neck line.  " Momma!" Aurora cried I ran to her as fast as I could " what's the matter baby?" I scooped her up in my arms as she continued to cry and tears kept pouring from her ice blue eyes which she took from her father. I seen her knee was bleeding she must have fell down. " come on sweetie momma will fix that right up for you."

   I gently carried her back to the castle and took out the nearest first aide kit and cleaned her cut then applied the bandage. "Now all better " I kissed her head and she was off to play again. Even though she was only half vampire the doctors said she would grow at a normal rate like most humans until she reached her 18th birthday then she would become fully immortal so until then we had to keep her from harms way. (No matter what the cost I would protect her with my life.)