chapter seven

"So whadaya say?" he asks me.

"Um yeah! Of course!" I reply.
If I had turned down some reallllllly attractive guy, for someone who I'm not even sure likes me, I would never forgive myself.

Besides, if Jacob really cared about me that way, wouldn't he have told me ?

"Great." he says, grinning :)

"Yeah, just great." I say, smiling as well.

We stare at each other, clearly distracted then continue to walk back to our seats.

He looks at me, I look at him, that's what it is all day. Then finally, lunch arrives.

I sat down at my usual seat, but then something happened.

Chloe and Lexi walked over and joined us.

"Hey Ash what's going on?" Chloe asks.

Okay first of all why are you over here? And secondly why you calling me a nickname when I don't know you like that?

But you know, I'm decently nice so I let it slide.

"Um nothing really, you okay?" I question.

"Yeah of course! So I heard you and Nick are going out now?" Lexi replies.

"Yeah, but it's nothing really. We're just gonna go get some ice cream or something later."

"Well yeah you're right it probably is just nothing, I mean there's no way he would leave me for you." Lexi explains.

BUT HE DID, OKAY, COOL, BYE

I end up not saying anything because I'm not gonna let her ruin this for me.

I turn to Ali and start telling her how we have to switch seats tomorrow.

The rest of lunch is a bubble of silence and awkwardness. But it's all good (:

I get barely through the day. Ali and I didn't get to talk much with all the distractions, so we recap everything in the couple of minutes we have together on the bus.

Eventually it's my stop. Before I bolt down the lane and out the door, Ali wishes me luck on my "date" .

Okay so even though I wasn't "madly in love" with Nick I was still really nervous about tonight. I mean I guess you could say this was my first official date.

I wasn't going to change outfits because that would make it look like I was trying too hard. So all I did was curl may hair, then I was off.

My mom drives me to Cold Stone. I see Nick through the windows and wave. I take one deep breath then push the glass doors open.

authors note:

okay thank you all so much for the support I've gotten through this story you all continued to encourage me so thank you ((:
secondly, I know that this chapter is very short but I just needed to update and tell you what Ashtin said. I will be updating more frequently now.
love you all so much -ashtin

if  you read all of this, that's great so here's the meme that inspired that awk lunch session