Chapter 11 - Hypnotic

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying this! It's not even one of my best stories!
Remember to vote, share comment!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Zoe arrived for class, Sebastian was sat with a spare seat beside him, his eyes sparkling with something that looked a little bit like nerves. He sat up straight when she came in and smiled, only for it to be wiped away as Inigo followed. He obviously didn’t expect him to still be beside her, watching her, making sure she was safe. He frowned with disappointment and Zoe felt a wave of guilt fall over her, even though it wasn’t her fault, not really. She couldn’t help being a human. 

“Does he ever leave you alone?” Sebastian muttered to himself as Zoe approached, just out of ear shot. Inigo rolled his eyes and shook his head dismissively.

“Actually, Sebastian, I am sitting with Saoirse. I will wait for you.” He added to Zoe and nodded, his fingers hovering over her hand before moving to the back of the room, sitting gracefully in his seat as if he was being filmed for a movie. Zoe sat down next to Sebastian and he smiled widely, obviously pleased with the sudden separation of the two for now.

“He’s only showing me around.” Zoe murmured as she took out her book from her bag and placed it on the table with a soft clump.

“Is he showing you around your bedroom too?” He asked innocently. As he received a glare, it caused him to lick his lips, looking at the desk guiltily. “Sorry.” Even now, she could see his eyes melting into a different colour, his sharp small fangs only visible if she looked closely when he left his mouth slightly open. Not that she was looking at his mouth, of course. She wondered what it would be like to kiss a vampire…

“He’s being a friend. Now drop it.” She said, trying to concentrate on what she was doing, busying herself with anything which could stop her staring at his mouth and giving herself away to the rest of the vampires in the class she was in at the moment.

“I said sorry.” He leaned over so that he could see her face, his fingers lightly brushing a dangling strand of hair so that he could watch it move. “Don’t get in a mood.”

            She pushed his shoulder and he grinned, shuffling slightly closer, his right shoulder touching hers. It was strange because she was already used to the distance Inigo had with her, the lightest of touches and the most concentrated expression on his face. She didn’t expect a vampire to want to be so close unless he wanted something, probably her blood. Didn’t it tempt him to have a human right next to his nose? Not that she was complaining. She liked Sebastian close to her. She felt warmer inside and her heart got a lot of exercise.

“I’m not.” She assured him.

“Look.”

            He placed his hand on the desk and stared at it in concentration, only this wasn’t the same concentrated face Inigo wore. This had nothing to do with Sebastian controlling himself around her. Steam seeped through his fingers like a heavy liquid gas before he removed his hand from the desk. A small ice shaped rose sat in its place, the stalk only just spouting from the bottom of the petals. He smiled as Zoe picked it up in her hands, admiring the delicate detail he‘d done in seconds that would have taken a normal ice sculpture a few minutes at least.