The Birthday Present

Hi guys! This is my first Nalu Fanfiction so don't judge me. :P. Credit for the cover is made by my friend because I suck at making edits. Anyways, enjoy the story!

__________________________________________________________

Lucy's POV

Today was my birthday.

As I was walking to the guild, I thought about how precious Fairy Tail was to me; how I was precious to them. They were always helping me. Ever since I ran away from home, they've been my new family. They've all cared about me; and I really, really care about them. I thought about my teammates: Erza, Gray, Happy, Wendy, Carla,

and Natsu.

The thought of Natsu sticking by my side on my birthday warmed my heart. He was always there for me. Throughout all the battles and hardships we fought, he always saved me. He always stuck by my side.

"Come on Plue! We should hurry to the guild hall before all the good jobs get taken away!" I called to my somewhat-pet snowman dog-like spirit. He was running behind me.

"Puru~" said Plue.

As I was walking, a voice from above called for me. "HEY! LUCE!" it yelled.

I looked up. Natsu was falling out of the sky.

"NATSU?!" I shouted.

"LOOK OUTTTT!"

"NATSU WHAT ARE YOU-"

**CRASH**

I opened my eyes. Natsu was literally on top of me..

"NATSUUU!!!" I yelled, throwing him off of me, "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS THE ONE WITH THE DRAMATIC ENTRANCE?"

Natsu got up on his feet and scratched his head. "I dunno. But I was on this job with Gray and-"

"Okay you don't have to go on," I giggled, suddenly happier. Natsu grinned. Gray and Natsu had always fought each other like brothers ever since they were little. They were polar-opposites, or more precisely, Natsu was fire and Gray was ice. The contrast between the two things made perfect sense; it described their personalities and magic-type.

"Well, we should start to head back for the guild now," said Natsu, holding out his hand, "Come on!"

I was delighted to take his hand. It was warm. My heart raced. We held hands and ran for the guild, with Natsu leading the way.

Idiot. Why does my heart always beat faster when I'm with him? I thought.

Natsu went bursting through the door.

"WE'RE HEREEEEEEEE!!!" Natsu shouted. Everyone turned around. They all chuckled at the sight of us.

"Well well well. Looks like we have a couple of lovebirds here," said Macao, who was biting on the end of his cigarette, grinning. A few guild members snickered at the comment.

My face turned red. L-Lovebirds? Since when have me an Natsu been a thing? I looked at Natsu to see his reaction. He wasn't flustered at all. In fact, he was grinning.

Baka. I thought, smiling in my head. I bet you don't even know what love is.

Erza walked towards us. "Hello Lucy, Natsu. Welcome back." she spoke.

Natsu's hand was trembling. Erza had always been an older sister-like character to Natsu. They've known each other since they were little, and Natsu had always tried to Erza in a one-to-one battle, but he had always failed miserably. Throughout all the enemies that he fought, Erza, the queen of fairies, was the always scariest to him. "Hi... Erza..."