Chapter 15

Laura woke up but didn't open her eyes. She wanted to savor in the remnants of the dream she'd been having, which involved Carmilla and no clothes. A buzzing on her bedside table ended her moment of self-indulgence in fantasy land. She opened her eyes slowly and reached out for the phone. She had a message from LaFontaine and, considering how early it was, there could be only one reason for this: she must have made it to the gossip column again.

07:15 LaF: I think your girlfriend and you might want to check the newspaper.

07:17 Laura: She's not my girlfriend.

07:18 LaF: Not yet, but I know you want her to be. And she wants that too ;)

07:19 Laura: I don't know what you're talking about.

07:20 LaF: ah, denial is such a beautiful river to drown in... But seriously, you should check the newspaper, L.

Laura got up, changed and went to her mailbox to get her copy of the newspaper. Getting back to her apartment, she went to her kitchen to prepare a hot chocolate. She eyed the offending newspaper in her table and wasn't sure she wanted to see what was in there this time. She could only imagine what Sarah Jane must have said in it if she had got pictures of she, Danny and Carmilla dancing together last night. At least she was absolutely certain that there would be no pictures of her kiss with the singer. The kiss. Laura wasn't sure what to think about that. Maybe Carmilla wasn't as indifferent to her as she had thought, but then again she left without saying a word after kissing her. And they had been drinking, so maybe Carmilla just wasn't thinking very clearly and got caught up in the moment because of what had happened with Danny, that would make sense.

Shaking her head from these thoughts, Laura picked up the newspaper to read the dreaded article.

Towering redhead in the middle of Hollstein?

After the last hurdle in the road to love, no one would have thought our favorite couple would be facing another challenge so soon. But that's exactly what seems to have happened last night. Our beloved couple was seen the previous night at Silas Bar, owned by Karnstein's brother, Will Luce. As you can see in the photography above, they arrived together and seemed to be in a good mood. However, we talked exclusively with some people who were in the bar and witnessed the couple's interaction. Apparently, Hollis introduced Karnstein to some of her friends, but one of them does not seem to be happy with the relationship. According to our witness, a tall redhead took Hollis aside in the beginning of the night and they had a heated discussion. Later, Hollis was seen dancing with the same redhead and, as you can see in the photographs below, Karnstein was not happy with this and went there to reclaim her lady love. The couple left the bar right after the heated dancing contest, but the mood had changed dramatically from what it was when they arrived. Even though they left together, they were as distant from each other as we have ever seen them.

Who is the tall redhead? Is she Hollis' ex? A friend that is in love with her and is giving Karnstein a bit of competition? What comes next in the Hollstein saga?

To keep informed of any new developments in this ship, follow me on Twitter. And don't forget to use our new hashtag #HollsteinKiss to try and get the couple to give a kiss for the cameras (It's about time!)

Laura groaned and put her head down on the table. This couldn't get any worse. Now they involved Danny in this mess and honestly, Laura couldn't understand why people thought that there was anything more than friendship between them. Danny had danced a bit too close to her last night, but that was probably just alcohol and the song and some silly dispute with Carmilla for her friendship, right? Before she could arrive at any conclusion her doorbell rang, which only made her groan again because it sure wouldn't be someone telling her she won a free vacation package to Paris. If someone was knocking at her door this early on a Saturday it could only mean more problems.