Sheldon

Words- 968
Dedicated to- Fallingstars99 and resplend

Please read till the very end! Happy reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uhmm! I love this weather!" I heard Sheldon moan as he walked out of the tent we'd set up at a nearby camping spot.

"I know but it's getting a little chilly" I said turning back to face him.

"Come here. I'll keep you warm." He called out to me sitting down near the pile of firewood we'd lit for warmth.

"Why do you make it so damn easy to love you?" I said snuggling in his embrace.

"Oh so you want to put up a fight before loving me?" He teased.

"What's the thrill without it eh?" I asked winking.

"Idiot!" He said chuckling, very much like Brandon.

Brandon and I were the best of friends since childhood and I was beyond ecstatic when he proposed me in senior year.

We were absolutely inseparable, I loved him dearly. But I lost it all, on 12th June, the summer before college.

Brandon and I had gone to Bradley's diner for breakfast. Sticking to our mundane choices we sat down to eat.

I was nearly finished with my waffles when Brandon received a call from my twin Gica, asking him to check whether she'd forgotten her wallet in his car last night when he'd driven us home.

"I'll just check and be back!" He had said before flopping a kiss on my head and hurrying out.

It still breaks my heart to know that he didn't come back.

An ignorant driver ran into him in the car park, rendering me loveless.

But fate had it's own plans, and I met Sheldon who brought me out of my depression and miseries.

"Hey! Shelby!?" Sheldon clicked his fingers breaking my reverie.

Trust him to snap me out of my sadness.
Maybe the fact that he kind of looked and behaved like Brandon was partly the reason for why- I loved him.

"Yeah!?" I said.

"I love you more than you do!" He said pulling me closer.

"Sometimes you make me want to puke!" I said getting away and making weird faces at him.

"But you said I make it easier for you to love me? Huh liar!" Sheldon scoffed pushing me away.

"Oh Come on, there's only so much sweet talk I can give you!" I responded.

"I think I'll survive!" He said pulling me close again.

"If I can survive those crappy pick up lines of yours, you can bear my lack of 24x7 cheesiness." I showed my tongue to him.

"Girl, Are you from Jamaica?" He asked.

"Oh my god! Not again." I sighed.

"Because you're Jamaican me crazy!" He teased.

"I so brought it on myself. Why did I even mention pick up lines?" I said giving him an irritated look.

He shrugged his shoulders with a chuckle.

"Sheldon, sing for me? You know my favorite song?" I said asking him to sing the song Brandon sang for me when he had proposed me.

I laid my head on his shoulder and he began singing with a smile.

~What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time~

"Shelby! Shelby!" Gica screamed walking over the rocks with a slight stumble.

I didn't want any disturbance right now.

"What's up Gica?" I asked walking away from Sheldon to meet her halfway.

"Uhhh... We need to go somewhere right now. So wind up and I'll meet you in the car." She said.

"No! I am not going anywhere. Can't you see, I'm on a date with Sheldon!" I said pointing my thumb in his direction.

She looked far off behind me.

"Why are you staring off into thin air? He's sitting right there on the wood plank I stood up from!" I said and she moved her eyes.

"Oh hi! Sheldon. Uhm.. I have to steal Shelby for a while. I hope you don't mind!" She spoke animatedly.

"Gica don't put up on act. I am not going anywhere!" I said turning back.

"Shelby wait! Please, we really need to be there!" She said holding my hand.

"Where?" I asked irritated.

"Somewhere. Just come with me." She said tugging at my arm.

"Have you lost it? Why can't you ever bear my happiness? Brandon died because of you, and now you won't even let Sheldon and I be peacefully happy!" I screamed.

"You know I wasn't at fault!" She said softly.

"Oh you damn were you jealous bitch of a sister. Do me favor and leave me alone! Sheldon and I will be home by midnight!" I announced.

"Who? For just whom are you belittling your very own sister? Get a grip Shelbs, sheldon doesn't exist! He is nothing more than a damned imagination of your depressed mind!" She shouted.

"Have you gone mad?" I shouted back.

"No you have after Brandon's death. Look, Shelby just please trust me. I have got you an appointment with a great doctor, I know you are grieving but you need help!" She said, her voice softening towards the end.

"Please?" She said and began pulling me again.

"Just let go off me!" I said and pushed her hard.

She stumbled and fell on the ground. What followed was a trail of blood from her head and neck, with utter peaceful silence.

Huh! Good riddance.

~'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you~

I sang, taking from where Sheldon left off.

I walked into his comforting embrace with a small smile on my lips.

"I love you!" I said.

"I think I might love you too!" He teased very much like Brandon did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope I managed to portray the plot correctly! Anyone who understood the underlying sub-plot in the title?
Here's hoping that this is good enough.

Cheers!