Chapter I

I was broken. What kids at my school said about me was true. I knew I couldn't be fixed. I, Ciel Phantomhive, could never be fixed. No matter what.

My parents had died when I was ten. Now, I go to Weston High and I live in a manor my aunt owns. My aunt, Aunt Red, is a successful doctor and ever since my parents died, I had been under her supervision.

As I walked into class, I heard more murmuring about me. Some people stuck their leg out, trying to trip me. Eventually, I did trip and fall. "Ciel, you should watch where you're looking! You could get hurt!" The only person who would treat me like a human, Elizabeth, said. I nodded in reply, getting up without grabbing the hand that she offered to help.

"Class, we have a new student." The teacher, otherwise known as Mr. Landers, announced. As if right on cue, a boy with black hair and crimson eyes appeared. He smirked and said, "Nice to meet you all. I am Sebastian Michaelis." "Well then, Sebastian, please sit behind Ciel." Mr. Landers said, pointing at me.

I stared wide-eyed in disbelief. No way in hell would I have that "pretty boy" sit behind me, being a human magnet, attracting people, mostly females, would interrupt my thoughts.

I glared as he walked by, but he just smiled. Who does he think he is? I thought. "Oh, Ciel, could you deliver this paper to the office?" Mr. Landers asked as he held out a piece of paper. I looked up and thought to myself, why me? I got up and got the paper. "And while you're at it, you can take Sebastian on a tour!" He smiled. As I walked out, I felt all of the girls glaring daggers into my back.

"So that's the library, that's the gym, that's the science lab," I rambled, sounding uninterested. As I left the paper at the office, there was only silence. "So, where do your parents work?" Sebastian asked. "They died." I said with no emotion. "Oh. Sorry for your loss." Then, more silence.

As we returned to the classroom, I felt more stares. Right as I sat down, the bell rang. I got all my stuff and got out of class, trying to avoid being trampled.

As I reached my next class, PE, I noticed that Mr. Pretty Boy Michaelis was in the same class. I mentally screamed.

"Hey, Ciel!" Oh great. It was my one out of two friends that I wish would leave me alone sometimes. Soma was a transfer kid from India. He was really annoying. I changed into my uniform just in time for class to start. We had to play dodgeball today. Luckily, Sebastian wasn't on the same team as me. Sadly, Soma was.

My team consisted of me, Soma, Elizabeth, and some random people I didn't know.

As we played dodgeball, Sebastian had gotten almost everyone out. Except for me and Soma's friend, Agni. I usually just stood to the side so I basically remained invisible. This time, Sebastian threw the ball at me. Before I could move, I got hit in the head, hard.