CHAPTER 2

- Brooke POV –

Here I was, already in the car on my way to the club. The flight was really short and my bags arrived really fast, so everything was going great. The driver said that it was only a one-hour drive to the club and we would be there in no time. Now that I have time to let it all sink in, I start to wonder where I'm staying. I grab the letter and start reading it again. 'We'll make sure you have a place to stay' Okay, so no worries then! Who am I kidding, I'm worrying about everything. What if they don't like me? What if I can't handle the pressure? Where the hell am I staying? I feel that the car has stopped moving and the driver opens the door. 'So Miss Benson, we're here. I'll drop your bags at the reception.' I didn't hear all the things he was saying, because I was perplexed with the view of the building. Not that it was immense, but I just couldn't believe that I was here.

'Hello Miss Benson,' I hear Pochettino say. 'Hello, Mr Pochettino. Please call me Brooke.' 'Are you ready to be thrown to the lions, because they are probably even more excited than you are,' he chuckles. I smile and answer: 'I think that's almost impossible.' 'Trust me on this one Brooke, they have been trying to get your name since I said a female intern was going to come.' I didn't expect Pochettino to be so kind and easy going. I see all the players stand in the hall. I'm so excited, but also frightened. All eyes turn on me and I'm pretty sure that my cheeks have already turned red. 'Everyone, listen up! This is Brooke Benson, our intern for the summer. Be nice to her and for the Belgians, this girl is going to take care of your insurance so please don't break anything to give the girl a hard time,' he warns them amused. I see Jan, Toby, Nacer and Mousa walking in my direction. 'Hi Brooke,' they all laugh together. I shake all of their hands and start to talk with them about how the things will go this summer. I can't help but hear the conversation between Harry Winks and Eric Dier.

 I can't help but hear the conversation between Harry Winks and Eric Dier

- Eric POV –

'If I knew that she would look like that I wouldn't have let you take her that easy, Dier,' I hear Harry gasp. I grin and agree: 'She's beautiful indeed. I'm sorry, Harry.' I see that she is coming back to the group after her chat with the Belgian boys. 'So, Mr Pochettino, where will I be staying this summer, because I couldn't find...' 'You're staying with me,' I interrupt before she can finish her sentence. 'Hi, I'm Eric. It's very nice to finally meet you, Brooke,' I introduce myself while I shake her hand. She chuckles. 'Nice to meet you too, Eric.' I see Harry walking towards us. 'Hi, Brooke. I'm Harry and if this Dierwolf wouldn't have been so aggressive you could have stayed with me instead,' he says while taking her hand and kissing the top of it. Casanova. I see her cheeks turn slightly pink. She laughs a little and blushes: 'It's very nice to meet you, Harry.' 'Please, the pleasure is all mine.' I roll my eyes. 'So Casanova, can I take the girl home now. She probably wants to rest.' Harry gestures to take her and I see her smiling at him while she follows me. What she doesn't know is that later I've organized her a small welcome/birthday party, because she turned twenty last week.

I take her bags and put them in my car. She greets the other players and starts walking to me. I open the door for her. She chuckles: 'Thank you, Eric.' I nod. God she is gorgeous. I step in the car and start talking: 'So I was thinking. We could get home now and settle you in, I'll help you unpack. After you can rest for a bit and we could go and grab some food later, if that's alright for you?' She nods her head: 'That's fine by me. Thank you for letting me stay at your place by the way.' 'You're welcome, besides I could use the company.' She smiles. What a beautiful smile.