TWO

N a r r a t o r

The soft cream carpet laid beneath her rough bare feet, which held blisters, with each step her feet rubbed into the heavenly like carpet. She felt as if she was walking through the clouds of heaven itself .The enchanting image became more clear as she glanced at the shimmering golden banister which was smooth yet hard like marble, her distorted reflection gazed back at her.

The sparkling chandelier reflected off the gold plated banister, an crystal chandelier shone a concentrated light from the bulb, shinning sliver patterns around the room, enhancing its beauty. No matter how many times she starred upon the chandelier it still gave her a scent of astonishment, she always thought what kind of man could be able to make something so beautiful. As she looked upon the glorious sight she knew she could never create something so breathtaking ,even if she studied to do it for the rest of her life.

Continuing her journey, she felt as if she was walking up to stairs where heaven was on the horizon, where heaven awaits for her, her one true paradise or what ever you wanna call it...

Reaching the landing there were doors which lead to some rooms ,that was only a mystery to her, but it always seem to swept across her mind on what was beyond those doors. Turning towards a far corner she grasped the cold rusted copper handle which felt cold to the touch causing a slight shiver through her body. Opening the door slightly ajar-ed.

The swift breeze swept across her skin,the immediate scent of decay soon hit her. Knowing what was past the splintered door she took a calm step forward. The small sprung mattress which lacked comfort slept in the far corner of the room. The mattress was laid on top of rusty creaky floorboards, on the right was a red painted cellar.

Her feet walked across the tilted floorboard which was a hidden spot ,where she had kept a few images which were now pecked away at the edges with age and dirt. In a old strawberry jam jar was few savings she made at Ms Margret's bakery, working long, hard shifts.

Gazing at the once beautiful vibrant violet flowers on the wallpaper, were now darken with mold as if infected the flowers lost their luminous beauty and seem to whit with the crumbling wallpaper, leaving an exposed faded grey wall, as she looked around she saw a gaping hole, the size of a football.

She scanned her surroundings, seeing a sight which caused her stomach to twist and turn in utter disgust, her eyes landed on the hideous sight. Beyond the festering hole, insects of all kinds crawled and scuttled in-between the cracks that formed the hole. The thumping of heavy footsteps behind the walls could be heard echoing through the entire room.

Her eyes peered at the scenery as two bodies emerged in a distance which seem to encounter a disagreement, a painful lash to the skin was sent causing the curvy figure to lose balance and connect with the floor, the muscular figure footstep danced across the oak floor whilst chanting words. The curvy figure glanced at her knees while playing with a necklace which was glorified by a ray of light from the small exposed windows. Her hair resembled a picture of her mother, her hair was filled with black curls which only captivated and nourished her beauty.

" Mu--mm m-o-ther is that you" Eva began to manifest which was followed by agonizing cries which were soon muted as she realised the tapping on the floorboard was put to sleep, the feminine figure looked up making eye contact with her, only to notice her eyes weren't the same one which had drops of melanin that softened into a honey brown, lined with borders of a deep brown. The type that became bitter when touched by unpleasant hands and darken whenever she was sad which formed sentences when her mouth couldn't utter a word. Instead the ones she was seeing eye to eye with was steely, cold and held fear almost as if she was telling her to run. The women began to shout "shut up stop it just stop"

Eva took a frightened step back causing her feet to trip on the risen floorboard, the shouting stopped causing fear to immediately spread through her body, like a deadly virus attacking her system, Sweat began to form from the center of her palm, she clutched her hand tightly, to stop the involuntary shakes that wrecked her body, she stood up looking at the hole to see where the muscly figure had disappeared, feeling a crawling sensation she looked between the crack seeing the insects pile and crushed onto each other suddenly spewed out, causing her body to instinctively jerk back abruptly causing all too familiar bile to build up in her throat.

Tearing her eyes away from the scene, hearing the footsteps coming closer, her body stood uprooted to the floor, her heart beat painfully against her chest to the point where she felt like she couldn't breathe. desperately trying to breathe, her lips parted gasping for air. Her eyes widened as she realized those heavy footsteps has silenced. The sound of the door nob turning was now filled within her air drums, spinning around to the door fast as lightning.

She stood in place it felt as if time had stopped, the door slowly cheeped open as if a supernatural force was at work here, her eyes met with another searching for emotions which where almost unreadable ......she knew he had come like he always does without fail....

That was just a year ago...