First friends.

Devon

I punched in my best friends number on the phone, I couldn't talk to him in person since I moved from Portland, Oregon all the way to Sacramento, Cali.

"Hello, is this Devon?" Daniel asked being sarcastic. "Why, yes. Yes it is. But, something happened." I said. "What's up?" He asked cheerfully. "Well its my first day back at a new school. And there's a guy I like." I said, I had to tell someone. "Your point is?" He asked. "Nevermind, your no help" I exclaimed. He started making kiss noises into the phone so, I hung up on him.

I'm going to talk to him. I said to myself. I'm going to make the first move.

I hopped out of my Oh, so comfy mattress off the floor and pulled my pajamas off. I wasn't late today thank goodness. I scrambled through my suitcase, not unpacked since I just moved in a few days ago. I picked out a black t-shirt with the band Queen on it, then some red shorts, with white converse that had dirt smudges on them.

I opened the extremely heavy doors to Norrington High, and something was different this time.

The halls were flooded with students, tall, short, skinny, fat. And all but one were the same. My eyes zoomed to him, he was flattering. Dark brown, wavy hair. Bedazzling green eyes. He was, as well as me, wearing a band t-shirt. Fall out boy his shirt said in bold red letters, good taste in music he has. I just need to know his name.

I entered shop class as the first bell rang. I sat in my seat and I instantly noticed that beautiful guy sitting next to me.

"Hi, I'm Devon." I said to him, I was so scared he wouldn't answer. "H-hi, i-i I'm Blake, and your name is..?" He said. "Devon." I said again.

Blake

She talked to me. Her name is Devon. How pretty, just like her.

I smacked myself in the face, am I dreaming? Nope. I wasnt. She was actually speaking to my face. "So, I see you're new here, where are you from?" I said nervously. "Portland, Oregon. It's nice there, I really didn't want to move, but my mom and I had to because of a stupid job offer." She said. Ugh, she obviously isn't interested in me. "Cool." I said, I couldn't think of anything else to say, I'm so lame. "So, what do you do for fun around here" She asked. "Um, nothing much, mostly going bowling, and play piano." I said, crap I sound snobby.

"Cool, must be fun" She said. With a sigh.