Chapter Two

Chapter Two

          When we finally pulled up to the nice little yellow house my mum and dad lived in it was nearly mid day and I could just barely see the sun rising above the horizon. I knew how much The Doctor loved the sunset, he would show me the most beautiful ones on the most beautiful planets and we would watch them together. John and I hadn't watched one together but as we both saw it rising memories of it setting came to both of us, he glanced at me and gave me a huge grin with a gleam in his eyes. I couldn't help but smile back, that was the only thing I loved more than his eyes, his smile.

          We walked up the steps to the freshly painted door and rang the bell, it was only a moment before it was opened by my mum in her usual blue jumper. "Rose! I didn't expect to see you so early, for a moment I forgot about everything and thought you were off in some other planet," She always used to be worried for me whenever I was traveling with the doctor because she thought I was in danger, but of course he would always protect me and do anything he could to save me. "and it's great to see you too er..." She obviously didn't know what to call him now, as did I.

         "John. Great to see you too Jackie!" He still had that grin on his face and as it was contagious, my mum smiled as well.

         "Well come on in, don't want you freezing out here!" She hurried us through the door and to a room where I saw Mickey sitting on the sofa drinking tea as I had just been. When he looked up and saw me he immediately put down his mug and came to hug me, I embraced him for a long time until I remembered we weren't alone.

          "Rose it's so good to see you, and Doctor." Mickey nodded towards John.

          "It's John, same goes to you Mickey." Mickey had a sudden realization that he had by mistake called him doctor, so he awkwardly sat back down and laid his foot up on the coffee table. I'm not sure why we call it that since all we ever drink is tea.

          "Get your foot off my table!" Mum smacked Mickey's foot off and then offered both of us seats on her other sofa adjacent to the first. We sat down and each picked up a crumpet from a small bowl laying on the table right next to where Mickey's foot had been.

          My dad walked in right as I was chewing my snack, I gradually stood up and hugged him tight to make up for missed hugs of my childhood. I eventually released him and then he and mum joined us in sitting down.

          "So how have things been for you two?" Mum asked.

          "It's been good, it's good having things back to normal." I lied. Of course I lied, I missed traveling and adventure and everything that the doctor and I had, everything that we could've had. Everything we could've been.

          "You know it would be good to have some grand children some day..."

          "Mum!" I practically yelled. Sure John and I lived together, and we practically were together but I still couldn't do anything even remotely close to that. I don't want to manipulate John, I would only be thinking of him as the doctor. There was a moment of silence until I said "I need to use the loo." I excused myself from the room and left into the restroom down that hall.

          I closed the door behind me and locked it, then rested my back on the door and slided down into a ball, burying my head in between my legs. I wanted to cry but no tears came out so I was just sitting there in silence. I wanted to open the gate between our worlds, get back with him, get back with my real love. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror to find that I had been crying, I wiped the mascara from under my eyes and left the room.