chap 2: hazel-brown eyes

H A R R Y

         Every time her hazel-brown eyes wandered off in my direction earlier, I swear it was as if someone lit my heart on fire. I bit my lip, trying to figure out how to respond to her text.

'You started staring at me first, British dude. The name is Riley btw.'

I felt my smile grow, the gorgeous hazel-brown eyes belonged to a girl named Riley. I groaned out in frustration. It shouldn't be this hard to come up with a reply to this girl's text. "What are you whining about?"

My eyes shifted over to the beautiful ebony girl who took a seat next to me on the leather coach, putting her legs over my thighs; Clementine.

"It shouldn't be this hard, Clem. Help me!" I whined, leaning my head on her shoulder for an extra dramatic affect. "God, you still haven't texted the girl back?" She grumbled. I gave her a shrug while pouting slightly. Clementine rolled her eyes, taking out her nail polish.

It seemed as if every time an idea struck in mind, Clementine criticized it as if she were one of the x-factor judges.

"I don't bloody know. Ask the girl how she's doing, like any normal person would." She scowled, shoving my head off her shoulder as she continued painting her nails. "Stop being mean to me, you feisty piece of poop." I pouted, yet taking her advice, and sending off the text.

"Who has satan inside of her right now, Harry?" She snapped, narrowing her eyes down at me.

Clementine was my best friend, she was basically another sister to me. We have known each other since we were 4 and decided it would be best if we moved in together when we got older. I loved her with all my heart, however, only as a sister.

I opened my arms, motioning for her to come and cuddle with me. I watched as she took the time to put the nail polish of the coffee table, then turning towards me.

She smiled slightly as she swiftly got up to lay down in my arms. "Love you." She mumbled, tracing invisible circles in my shirt while I kissed her forehead lightly.

"How are you and that guy?" I questioned, referring to the dark-haired boy that came with Riley and a blue-eye boy who I hoped so dearly wasn't her boyfriend. "Zayn?"

Clem's head quickly popped up, her chin on my chest. "Zayn." A goofy grin plastered on her face as she said his name for another time. "He's so astounding. It was so hard not to collapse to the ground because of his beauty."

"He was talking about you a lot to his friends at the table, you already have him whipped." I teased, watching her iced blue eyes lighten up as her smile grows. "I just met him, yet I feel so much for him."

"Woah there, tiger." I snickered, caressing her cheeks. "Let's not get too wild." I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

I held Clementine's waist tightly, making sure she wouldn't fall before I slightly shifted to my side to grab my phone out of my pocket.

'I'm doing quite alright, loser. How about you?'

I read the text a total of 4 times, however, I felt my smile getting bigger each time. "What did she say, tosser?"

"That she was doing quite alright and then asked me how I was." I said, leaving out how she called me a loser. Clementine rolled her eyes, once again.