22

It was morning. A quietness filled the condominuim, filling it with a certain peace and stillness rarely found in the chaotic hustle bustle of a city. It was a new day.

When Vice awoke, he wasn't sleeping a painful few inches away from Karylle. It took him a moment to stir from his dreams and for a minute, he didn't realize the weight on his right arm that was causing it to go numb. Instead, he blinked a little, letting his eyes clear. When they did, his heart skipped a beat. He nearly jumped away had it not been for Karylle, who pinned his arm down.

Vice pieced together the previous night as he had with so many nights before. But last night, that night was one he would not forget any time soon.

"It's like...something keeps telling me that you're the one I'm in love with."

"I just love you, ok."

Just when it seemed like everything was hopeless, K appeared out of the cold fog and embraced him with the warmth of a bright sunny day.

The rest of the night was an ecstatic blur and Vice was so drunk on relief and happiness that he had a hard time even remembering how they got back to the condo.

But he did remember Karylle's eyes in the dark as she closed hers to go to sleep. It was a long fight, one that he did not intend to give up until fatigue overwhelmed him.

All he wanted to do was watch Karylle and be watched in return and bask in the glory that was their new love. But watching Karylle's eyes slowly flutter closed caused him to fall asleep as well.

Vice was by no means a still sleeper. He was known for kicking and tossing in the middle of the night. But he had woken up in the same position, with Karylle's head tucked in the crook of his neck with their fingers intertwined between them. 

Vice smiled and he couldn't stop. He would've laughed aloud had Karylle been awake but he kept quiet for fear of disturbing her. He kept his mirth on the inside, instead electing to grin like an idiot. It just felt so good to have Karylle back in his arms again.

_______________________________________

a drabble on what happened after that night :) 

update will be on monday or tuesday :)