F i v e

"Chat! I told you I didn't want to see your face again!" Marinette yelled, but Chat panicked to hush her.

"Keep your voice down!" He whisper shouted, warning her. He didn't think she got the memo.

"No, I hate you so much I have to say it constantly to make you understand! I'll never forgive you!" She continued to yell at him, but Chat put his hand over her mouth.

"Just listen, Mari. Believe me, just this time." He narrowed his eyes at her. Marinette rolled her eyes and sighed, mumbling, "Fine." Then, the two went back to listening.

"Yeah, it's just kinda funny how they actually believed that rumor.." Miranda chuckled. "Now we can actually hunt down Chat Noir and do anything we want with him."

"What rumor?" She whispered to Chat, calming down.

"You'll see. Keep listening, Mari."

"Like I actually made out with that cat in a school locker room? I wish. I'd want it to be in a more private place, though. You know, where he could be mine forever." Miranda added on, with nods of approval from her group. "Let's go get that cat!" The girl group sprinted out of the room, slamming the door, and creating a dramatic scene.

The feline let out a sigh of relief. "Alright, the coast is clear, Mari. We can come out now." Chat whispered, helping her up. "Do you believe me now?"

The bluenette sighed. "Yes, I'm sorry. I knew you were smarter than me anyways." He put both hands on her shoulders.

"Princess, it's not your fault, everyone makes mistakes." Chat hugged her tightly as he could and she returned the hug.

"Now, there's an Akuma attack on fifth street, and you're coming with me." He wrapped his arm around her, with his other arm occupied with his staff. "I'm going to make sure you're safe and sound."

"Alright. I trust you, Kitty." Marinette hesitated, but then gave him a genuine smile. "Let's do this thing!"

"That's the spirit, Purrincess!" Chat dropped her off at the edge of a balcony. "Stay right here. Call me if you need help, I'll be right here." She nodded in understanding.

Marinette turned to see who was at her side. It was Miranda, except she was in a Ladybug costume.

"Miranda?!" She asked in shock as Miranda only laughed in response. "Yeah, it's me. You'll be even more jealous since I'm Ladybug, and once I reveal my identity, Chat Noir will believe it!"

"True heroes don't show their identities, Miranda!" Marinette pointed out, but the brunette just shook her head. "True ones don't lie, Maritrash!"

Chat turned to see Miranda by his side all of a sudden. "L-Ladybug? You look a bit different today. Where have you been?"

"Oh, I've been hanging out with my boyfriend." She smirked mischievously. "Jealous? I bet so."

"Chat, please don't trust her!" The bluenette yelled out to him. Chat narrowed his eyes in response. "I have to trust her, she's Ladybug!"

"No she isn't! Look closer!" She yelled again from the balcony. "Just watch her!"

Chat was uncertain about Marinette's judgement, but paid attention anyways. A few seconds later, an Akuma frame formed on top of Miranda's mask.

"Yep, you're right, sorry, Princess! Wait, where's the real Ladybug?"