If You Were Here Today (McLennon)

Paul has been having reoccurring dreams but this one hits to close to a wound in his heart that will never heal.

Paul's Dream:

During a concert practice a familiar voice echoes through the stage way.

"may I join Macca?" Said the voice Paul slowly raises his head to see his old bandmate, John Lennon.

"Lenin?! What are you doing here?! It is so good to see you." Said Paul happily surprised and hugs his friend.

"i wanted to join your show you are doing. I'm a bit restless after all those years of watching Sean, you know?" Said John smiling happily at his old friend.

Paul and him chat for what seems years and he agreed to allow John to join, he felt that this would help heal the break that Yoko made between them. To Paul it felt like the good old days before Yoko ever came into their lives, he had John's full attention and friendship, it felt good. He couldn't stop smiling at John or even take his eyes off of him, he feared that if he did, John would disappear.

John was happy to be with Paul as well. He never really hated his friend, it was more of Yoko and not John. He hadn't told Paul yet about Yoko but he couldn't stop looking at Paul. He blushed lightly every time his eyes met with Paul's doe like eyes. "Paul? Can I tell you something?" Asked John.

"of course." Said Paul.

"well. Yoko died. And that was the other reason why i came. She is dead and i found in her death, i found my freedom. And i need to tell you, I love you Paul. Only you. I always loved you. I never hated you. Yoko did and she kept me away from you. I think she knew i was in love with you." Said John blushing bright red. Paul was taken a back by this but was also very touched that John would care that much for him. In all honesty Paul loved John too, he always did ever since they first met. But he never acted on it out of fear. But a part of Paul knew this was a dream, John was dead and he wished it wasn't the case. He wished very hard that John was alive again and they could be like this at this lovely piano in front of them making lovely music again for screaming fans to be happy and friends again. To be husbands to each other, to be in love. But as it did before his dream ended right then.

Paul woke up crying out of pain, he knew he would never have John again. But something in the darkness was at work on something but what.