surprise

Sophia was often the one who would be surprising Harry when he was working, typically when he was touring. She'd book dates off work and would go and spend say, a week or so in whatever country her husband was and be with him.

And it was nice.

Sophia always felt welcomed and respected when she visited on tour - when really, she ought to have been. It was her husband. Harry. It was Harry's tour, and she was his wife. And of course, whilst Harry made sure that everyone knew that and gave her the most amount of care and security and even making sure everybody was welcoming to her behind the scenes and out of view from the fans, Sophia occasionally couldn't help but feel a little out of place.

She got on well with Harry's band though, of course. And his manager. But it was mostly his band. They were the most down to earth people she'd met. Even on Harry's first tour to his upcoming newer tour now, she got along with everyone.

In recent performances or events, it wasn't a surprise that she'd be going out with Harry's band members and typically the girls, whilst the boys did whatever they were doing.

For example, back when Harry was in New York ready for his Howard Stern interview, Sophia was with him then. She and the girls of her husband's band had a few moments where they'd sneak away from everyone else in the beautiful city; Starbucks and Sephora dates because they were that basic, or just even going for a wander through Central Park. And they didn't get stopped. Well, they did once. But it was nice.

Sophia found that she got particularly close to Harry's drummer, Sarah, mostly because, well... Harry and Mitch's relationship. It said it all. The two girls found themselves just spending time together, talking about anything and everything whilst the other men were sat hugging or whatever they did.

Since their FaceTime call yesterday, Harry, who was still in London, made a spontaneous decision to go and see Sophia. It was a three-hour drive, but it could be a lot, lot worse. And he was lucky enough to have what was considered a luxury car enough to be comfortable on the drive. He booked a decent enough hotel for himself for the next few days, knowing that he didn't really want to be staying at the apartment Sophia was at, surrounded by all the other girls. It'd be nice for them to just be in the comfort of a hotel room. Not that he'd really planned on them having sex or anything that intimate, but. It was nice to be on their own.

So he packed a bag. He packed a bag of clothes for himself, mostly joggers and hoodies so he could be comfortable, but then also some of his infamous black skinny jeans and a few of his button-ups and even some flares. Shoes wasn't an issue. He kept a ton of them in the back of his Range Rover.

No, he didn't know why neither.

But then he grabbed a few of his extra t-shirts and shoved them in too, of course for Soph to wear when he went back to London.

After booking them a hotel room for a few days, booking a ticket for the same night - he'd definitely planned on seeing his wife in evenings show - and having some flowers delivered to her dressing room ready for when she came off stage, he locked up their apartment and began the mid-afternoon, three-hour drive to her.

Sophia was of course still completely unaware, in the middle of her first show of the day. That finished around four-thirty, and she had about an hour and a half until she needed to be getting ready for the second and final show of the day. And during that time went to get some food with her friends, buy a new bottle of cold water and some gummy sweets that she'd be able to snack on during the show when she wasn't performing, and grab a few little essentials for herself.

And Harry had arrived by then, so he knew he had to be careful about going out and about and bumping into her. So after he checked into the hotel, he just stayed there for a little bit. He booked himself a ticket for that evening's show to see Sophia, lucky enough that there was a singular seat a few rows from the front. He knew too that she didn't check her phone when it came to before it began or even during.