Chapter One // The Magic Begins

Marinette's P.O.V

It all started on any other normal day.

Waking up in the morning, late for school again, running for my life as Tikki kept on chiding me for not responding to my alarms. Dashing through the classroom door just as the bell rang. Ah, the normal routine.

"Marinette, care to explain why you're late?" asked Ms Bustier looking up from her attendance sheet. "And why are you in your pajama bottoms?"

My face heated up as the whole classroom laughed, except for Alya and Nino. I don't know about Adrien. I don't wanna know.

"Sorry, Ms Bustier." I mumbled before quickly running to the toilet to change into my PE shorts.

"Gurl, I know you are always late, but pajama bottoms? This is a first, even for me!"

I groaned and sank on to the table, not looking at Alya once I came back.

"Do you think Adrien thinks I'm weird?" I half moaned as I spoke with my face flattened in the table. Beside me, I could hear Alya chuckling.

"What do you think?"

I wept silently in shame as I stared at the blonde head in front of me, trying to figure out what was going on in Adrien's head.

The class went on peacefully.

(ʆε ςƘίԹ ϯσ ɾεɕεςς)

Sighing, I nibbled on my ham and cheese sandwich as Alya droned on and on about the leads for who Ladybug really was.

"Look who it is, Mari Trash!"

I looked up from my lunch as Chloé glared down at me, sneering.

"So, you came to school in your pajamas, huh?!" Chloé laughed maliciously and clapped her hands. I was suddenly pushed out of my seat and I winced as my body smashed onto the floor.

"Marinette!" I heard voices around me as my vision kept on swirling.

I shouldn't be in agony, I thought. I was just... Pushed.... Onto the... Floor..........

To my horror, I felt my consciousness slowly slipping away as the darkness gently covered me in a blanket of warmth...

"Ugh! She's just doing it for attention! Wake up! Don't act stupid!" Chloé screeched.

Instinct took over and suddenly, my dry lips parted and hissed out two words I had not been thinking of, let alone hear of them.

Risadium Guardilevisa.

Everyone was screaming as I felt something warm zip around me continuously before I finally blanked out.

~-~

Hi guys! Akiko here! This story sprung from a random idea, so please bear with me as I make the cover and the story might get a bit crappy... But enjoy! 😘

Word count: 429 words