Chapter 16 | How Could You...

My mind was still on the night before as I lay on that branch staring through ten multiple sticks and leaves that are meant to block out the suns raze but are doing a dam shitty job of it.

Jenny had a right to feel that way. I have felt the same way multiple times during the time that Jules had died and I had to face the facts that she wasn't going to return and that no one in my pack even gave two shits about the death of one of our kindest members.

Sighing, I didn't know what to believe anymore.

"You know I'm right," Nathan said for the billionth time today.

I couldn't be stuffed listening right now we both sat outside me sitting on top of a branch close to the ground while Nathan lent against a tree his usual rough demeanour lost as we both lazied around on a beautiful day.

The people that were found in the forest had apparently all been burnt with silver and wolfsbane put into there systems by the dozens...no one made it. We did try to save them using the Lycanthrope but using it had only made some of the patients react worse there bodies unable to compute the amount of drugs and substances in there body, one person even ending up having a seizure.

It was hard, I had already built a connection with all those people making them soon to be members of this rogue pack. So when I broke the news to the pack that not one of the people we had saved, carried home and attempted to heal have died. Everyone was furious.

"We have to see if you can!" Nathan yelled a little bit annoyed now.

Oh yeah, me and Nathan were having a conversation about if my vampire side gave me an ability or not. I was a little more chilled about it knowing that most likely I didn't have any abilities due to the fact I'm only a half vampire, but Nathan thinks that since I'm so powerful that maybe I would have an ability.

"Well what am I going to do? Try and kill people and see if anything happens!" I yelled at Nathan back the once calm air now filled with tension as we both fought our points of view.

"That would be a good idea, but the fact is. WE CANT KILL ANYONE!"

"Nathan your not helping," I growled out, I knew that if I had an ability that it would most likely have something to do with destruction. The moon goddess literally gave me an outfit so I can assassinate people in! My best guess is that if I were to have a 'super power' it would be preferably to destroy something.

"I'm sorry," Nathan mumbled under his breath his tone of voice making him sound like a bratty child that didn't get his candy. His tone most likely coming from not wanting to make his 'Alpha' mad but also annoyed that he can't banter on about how he's right and I'm wrong.

"Your right, I'm just feeling a bit dazed at the moment," it was all honest my words the look in my eyes and expression on my face giving away my emotions all to quickly.

It was true I was feeling a little under the weather, everything that has happened these past couple of days is all coming back to bite me in the ass. The adrenaline rush was gone and now there were no problems to combat (besides planning the attack on Moon Rise) there was just nothing to do and with that came the obvious boredom and tension that filled the air from restless werewolves, even the animals seemed to sense it, a lot of them steering clear of the pack house for as long as possible. My pack members have to run at least 5km before even a rabbit shows up!

"Shit," i mumbled under my breath as I swung an arm over my eyes to block out the suns raze, a mild headache had just managed to get into my mind. Do you know that pain when it's just that constant knocking on the back of your skull but even though the pain is so mild it stills annoys the shit out of you?