35.

Gif banner by TheBlueDJ thank you for the beautiful graphic.

Johnny POV

I open the front door to my parent's place and I make my way to the girls.

"Laken, is that you, sweetheart?" Mom enters the living room and sees me with the girls.

I smile. "Hey, Mom."

Mom wipes her hands on her apron. "Have you spoken to Laken today?"

"I spoke to her at eleven." I look around the room. "Isn't she here?"

Mom shakes her head. "She asked me to look after the twins while she went out for a few hours. Laken, should have been home by now."

I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Ethan.

Ethan: Hello?

Me: Have you seen, Laken?

Ethan: no, what's going on?

Me: She went out a couple of hours ago and hasn't returned. I thought she might have gone to see you.

Ethan: She didn't. Laken told me she needed a couple of days to move on from finding out I was the father.

Me: Can you help us look for, Laken.

Ethan: I'll track her phone and I'll let you know where she is.

Me: Call Mom when you've found her phone. I'm going to make a few phone calls and get some help.

I hang up with Ethan and then I call the office and get a few agents to help search for her. The last person I call is Mason.

He will drop everything to help her and the guys at the gym will help as well.

Mom enters the living room with the phone. She looks at me. "Laken's at Harlow's Passage."

I look at her. "Thank you." I send out a massive text to everyone that's helping me look for Laken. I kiss Sophie and Gracie. "Uncle Johnny is going to get, Mommy." I rise and make my way to the door.

The girls wave at me.

I climb into my car and make my way to Harlow's Passage.

***

I pull into the parking lot of Harlow's Passage and I see people standing around Laken's car. I step out of mine and walk over to hers. I knock out the window and unlock the door. I pull her phone out of car.

Where are you, Laken?

There's a map close by and I walk over to it. I see four different routes that my sister could have taken. I close my eyes.

How much walking would my sister have to do to calm down from today?

A hand touches my shoulder. "I think she would have taken the longest trail."

I turn in the direction of the person and smile. I nod. "Your right, Ethan. I think we should still send someone to search the rest of the trails just in case."

Ethan moves over to the group and he claps his hands. "Everyone listen up. I want three groups of four. You will be taking three of the trails to check that she's not there. The rest of you will be coming with Johnny and I. We're going to take the hardest trail. We need to get a move on before the sunsets." Ethan starts walking up the trail.

A guy walks over to us. "What's going on here?"

I move over to him. I pull up a photo of my sister and I show it to him. "Have you seen this girl?"

"Laken?"

"Yes,"

He points at the trail. "She took the hardest trail. She told me she was going to come down soon."

I look to the group. "Change of plans everyone to the top of the highest peak. If you can't do the walk you can go home. Thank you for helping us find Laken."

Mason and his group follows me up the path.

***

Laken POV

I don't know how long I've been in the ditch, but as I take a look around it I see the sun is slowly setting and the temperature drops and I start to shiver.

I hope someone finds me soon. I can't stay here over night.

I hear footsteps close by and then someone yells. "Laken,"

Someone's here to help me.

"HELP," I croak out.

"LAKEN, where are you?"

I take a deep and breath and then yell. "Here."

The person moves towards the hole. Ethan looks down at me. "Laken?"

I'm glad to see him. Even if he's the last person that I want to be around.

"Can you stand?"

I shake my head. "I think I broke my ankle. I don't think I can stand up. Did you bring help?"

"Yes, Johnny's here with Mason and the guys from the gym. Also, a few members of the FBI are here as well."

I look into his blue eyes. "Ethan, can you forgive me for being a bitch to you at the hospital."

Ethan leans over the edge. "I don't need to forgive you, Laken. I know this is a shock to you, but if I told you that I might be the twin's father, you would have taken off and I didn't want to take the chance at losing. If I told you..." he trails off. He runs his hands through his hair. "I don't know what to say Laken. I'm sorry."

"Ethan, have you found her?"

He turns towards the voice. "Yes, she's in a ditch. I need someone to jump down there with me. We need to be careful with her. She broke her ankle.

Johnny looks at me. "Hey, sis. Looks like you got yourself into some trouble."

I roll my eyes. "Are you going to help me out of here? Or are you going to make fun of the way I got myself into this sticky situation?"

Ethan and Johnny jump into the ditch as others gather around. They lift me up and the guys around the hole pull me out.

I look around the ground. "You need to be careful when you walk away from here. The ground gave way when I was walking away."

Ethan and Johnny climb out of the hole and they walk over to me. Ethan kneels in front of me and touches my face. "How are you feeling?"

"Thirsty and tired."

Ethan grabs a bottle from one the guys and he gives me a small amount. "You have to take small sips."

I look at Johnny. "Can we go home I want to see my girls?"

"You need to go to the hospital first and get that ankle sorted out before you can see them." Ethan lifts me into his arms and he starts the hike down the trail.

I fall asleep in Ethan's arms.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of Foster Mom.