36. Behind The Curtains

A- Cricket is your life?

Shit! I blabbermouthed it. I quickly covered it up with another message.

R- I mean, being a Sports Journalist, I have a thing for Cricket, and I am really passionate about it.

I semi-lied. The first part was a lie, but the second part was damn true.

A- Oh. I get it. I bet that you are so good with the work.

Inspite of myself, I smiled.

R- I suppose so. Now tell me What is your passion?

A- I love Accounts and Maths. Sometimes, I find myself curled up in my room reading a book.

Nerdy girl, it seems.

R - Accha, Rosebud. Reading books in sense Magazines? Or novels?

A- I prefer Novels. Rosebud? Are you flirting with me?

Shit! Does I look like a flirt?

R- Not at all, Rosebud. It's just the name suits you well.

I felt like smacking my head. How lame did I sound?

A - Hmm. Does this name has a history too?

History?

R - Yes but I will give the explanations later. By the way I love History.

I honestly wondered whether I will chat with her again. Admist of chaos, I will forget her. But for now, I wanted to chat with her. It feels wonderful. Having a chat with someone who doesn't know me; who doesn't know much about the game. It is actually relaxing. Her reply came after few seconds.

A- I love History too. Friends of mine tease me over it.

We both chatted about her likes and dislikes and I shared about mine. I found out we have few common interests like, we both love black Coffee; Roger Federer; Barcelona and so much. We had our fanboy/fangirl moments. Man, she really loves sports except Cricket.

By 12, she told me that she needed to sleep. And I agreed with her, but I promised that I would chat with her again. She too promised me that she would a watch a cricket match.

As I lied down on my bed, I thought about the new friendship I made today.

••••••••••Alisha POV••••••••••

"What are you doing, Alish? " Gowtham's voice pierced through my ears via the phone. I held it away from me until he stopped yelling.

"Listen, we were just talking," I tried to reason out my act. Gowtham had found out about Ranveer, and he is mad at me for talking to a stranger.

"He is practically a stranger to you, Alisha." Here we go again.

"He is my friend, Gowths. And he is a good guy," I defended Ranveer.

"Go ahead and tell he is the best when he called you a potato sack," he retorted.

"It was because of you, idiot. Why did you tagged me?" I asked, growing frustrated as minutes passed. Gowtham was the one who tagged me, and that's how Ranveer and I got introduced. Now he is acting like it was my mistake.

"Can't you call me and inform me about him? I would have warned him," Gowtham bellowed.

"Just because I am a girl, I don't need you to be my life saver all the time. I am not weak, and I know how to take care of myself," I shouted into the phone.