1.4

you fit me better
than my favorite sweater.
~'blue jeans' lana del rey
•-•

"why'd you kiss me earlier?"

phil raised his eyebrow, taking a sip from his drink. he and dan had left the school grounds during their lunch period to get coffee, as they both needed it badly.

"i kissed you earlier?"

"yeah. on the cheek." dan said, an unamused look on his face.

"oh right. that." phil replied, a grin showing itself on his facial features.

"yeah, that. was it necessary?"

"completely."

dan had to refrain himself from rolling his eyes. "no, it wasn't. my face was this stupid bright red color for the entire class, it wouldn't go away." he complained.

phil's grin only seemed to grow wider. "awe, danny. it had that much effect on you?"

dan snorted as he was sipping his coffee, which resulted in him becoming a choking, spluttering mess. phil reached over and rubbed his back, trying his best not to laugh at the blushing boy in front of him.

when dan was finally done with his coughing fit, he gave phil a glare, his lips pulled into the small, cute pout phil could never seem to get over.

"i hate you so much." he spat.

phil's smile didn't leave his face. "no you don't."

•-•

"alright, students. today is a very exciting day, as it is time for the new unit!" mr. mcloughlin stated at the beginning of dan and phil's english  class they shared.

phil turned around from the seat in front of dan and flashed him a small smile, for no particular reason. dan just raised an eyebrow in reply, and phil turned his attention back towards their teacher.

"now, does anybody have any ideas to what it is?" mr. mcloughlin asked. there were collective amounts of answers, in which all were wrong.

"well, as some were close, they weren't it, so let me give a hint. our new assignment is all about the thing that makes us, us! now are there any more guesses?"

at this point, most hands were raised. even phil's. it wasn't hard to put two and two together to realize the project was to be about tears. but even though dan did know this, he didn't raise his hand. he never did. the last thing in the world he ever wanted was a lot of attention at once, so he kept quiet, with his head down.

but of course, he was doing this in front of the one teacher who just loved all class participation.

"howell! tell us your thoughts!" mr. mcloughlin said, his smile reaching his eyes.

don't get him wrong, dan loved mr. mcloughlin. he was one of his favorite teachers, and english was dan's favorite subject along with art, but right now, in this moment, with everyone in the class (including phil) looked at him expectantly, dan hated mr. mcloughlin with a burning passion.

"uh- is it- is it about tears?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

"sorry. what was that?" mr. mcloughlin asked, leaning closer in order to hear.

dan opened his mouth to repeat himself, but just couldn't get the words out. he did it once, no way in hell would he be able to do it twice! dan sat there for a few more seconds, with his mouth open, but saying nothing.

"he said it was about tears." he heard a voice say casually.

phil.

dan clamped his mouth shut, looking over at phil. the black haired boy gave him a crooked smile before turning back up to their teacher.

"oh, alright! well, phil, as nice as that was, let the students speak for themselves next time, alright?" mr. mcloughlin said, before walking back up to the front of the class.

dan finally started to breathe properly, feeling his once fast heartbeat slow down and go normal once again.

"class, with this project, you will write about your color of tears and present. but listen, i'm not taking about some lousy small paragraph describing them. i want 2 pages or more, and i also want you to really get into it. describe past experiences with your tears, describe how you people look at you. how you look at yourself. i want to know pros and cons, ups and downs. do the best work you can, this is an important grade for your year. i don't want to be disappointed!

your project will be due in exactly a month from today. february 23rd, everyone! remember to come up with a creative way to present, as well!" mr. mcloughlin finished. "now, any questions?"

dan felt like he was going to be sick.

•-•
A/N:
sorry this is shit and boring.

qotd: are you more outgoing or shy?

aotd: tbh it depends on the day and what i'm doing.

~🌙

//not edited ahahahahyikes//