{ Chapter 3 } - I need to talk to Owen alone.

A/N: A shorter update. I hope you enjoy it anyway :)

Also, I changed Sean's age by a century, so now he's 125 years old. This won't matter right now, but it'll matter down the line in the story :)

                           ---------------------------------------------------------------------  

--- Owen's Pov ---

Evident by the calendar in the kitchen, I had been missing to the world for almost two weeks now. if I knew my team at all, they would have already been calling in favors trying to find help in the search for where I could be. I myself couldn't even pinpoint where I was right now, though I was told that I wasn't in South Carolina.

I met other vampires in the first two days I was here, but they soon dispersed from the house and Sean and I had the house to ourselves. Secretly, I was glad, as I couldn't see myself being friends with any of them, as I was irrationally angry with their presence around Sean.

Nikolai was another case, however, as there was something about him that didn't set off some alarm in my head that a threat was near. Other than him being Cody's brother, however, I've yet to find anything else out about him. He didn't stay around long enough or speak enough for me to get a feel of his personality, but he was around enough that I wouldn't be fearful if I was left alone with him. He reminds me of North, but with less emotion.

The woman that comforted Asher, who introduced herself as Olivia, also avoided me, but she assured me that it had nothing to do with me, specifically. She just explained that as the second-in-command of her family and such, that she was busy with work she needed to get done while her men played the day away. She also explained to me that all the boys around the house like Asher, Aiden, Cody, and Elijah were all her men. She was in a relationship all of them, except for Nikolai, who insisted that he was meant for someone else. She understood that, and has offered to help him find whoever he is meant for when the time comes.

But, I hadn't seen much of Sean except in passing when I came downstairs for food. He usually would be entering that office of his without more than a nod in my direction. I had this feeling that was pulling me in his direction for the last few days, like there was something he needed, but wouldn't ask for. It had been frustrating me for the last day and a half that he wouldn't open his god damn mouth and ask me. But I also knew my behavior and irritation was irrational, frankly. I knew that being here, away from my team was wrong and I decided today that I was going to go in and give him a piece of my mind.

That is, If I could talk myself into raising my hand to open the door. I took a breath before letting it out slowly, preparing myself. I lightly tapped my fist against the wooden door and I almost knocked again, thinking I was too quiet when I heard his voice.

"Come in, pet."

I did so, stopping just in the doorway and I was met with a pair of green and red eyes staring at me.

"Did you need something, Owen?" Asher said, his red eyes taunting me.

"No...No I don't need anything. I-I'll just leave you guys alone..." I started to turn to reach for the door when I heard someone else speak. I turned to see the black-haired man from the day Asher cornered me.

"Asher, stop that."

"Sorry, Aiden..." He looked at the black-haired man guiltily.

"Now, come sit, Kijo. We were just talking about you, actually," Sean said with a large smile, making his green eyes sparkle.

I listened to him and sat down with correct posture next to his feet while he continued to sit in his recliner. I laid my head against his leg and I felt his hand lay on my head, soothing me.

"Do you really think we can trust him, Sean? This is exactly against his nature," Aiden asked as he leaned back on the couch he was sitting on.

"I think he can handle it, even if he might hate me for it."

"What is it?" I asked, frustrated that they were talking about me with me sitting right there.

I felt Sean shift above me before handing me a thin notebook. I looked at it, seeing the Japanese calligraphy that I couldn't read on top of it. I flipped through the book seeing all different names written in it, along with their time of death. Some of them seemed familiar to me until I realized why. "Why do you have a list of Akuma's killings?" I leaned my head up so I could look at Sean.

"You're looking at the reason," he smiled softly.

"Why, Sir?" I asked, confused on why someone like Sean would waste his time on the human world.

"I'm sick of all of the wars and fighting that I've seen in all my years. I want to see a close to perfect world if I can. I admit, my methods do seem a little unconventional, but it's a step in the right direction, right?"

As much as I wanted to argue with that explanation, it was true. He wasn't killing just anyone; he was killing with a purpose and making the world safe again. I could see that this was something that he felt passionate about, which made me feel desperate to want to help him and be on his side, which scared me. In the back of my mind, I knew this was wrong, no matter what angle I looked at it, but I can't do anything about it, no matter what I'm feeling.

"Are you angry with me, Owen?"

"No, I don't think I am. I can see where you're coming from, though I wish you told me sooner."

"See, Asher? I knew he'd see things our way," Sean gloated and I saw Asher roll his eyes with a smile. He seemed to hesitate before going on with his statement, "I may be over stepping my bounds here, but would you ever be comfortable with being a part of writing names in the notebook, if I were too busy that day. Because, as you know, we can't just stop doing this now. We're being investigated by one of the best known detectives after all and he may catch us in the act if we let ourselves slip," He winked, giving me a lopsided grin, which showed me a bit of his fangs. I suddenly realized what the pull I was feeling meant and a flash of recognition went across Sean's face.

"Asher,  Aiden, will you excuse us? I need to talk to Owen alone."