The bad boy and the nerd!

I sat in the library studying furiously for my exam. I sat there flicking through every book i could find on psychology. Panicing slightly at first but now i could feel the horror choking in my throat. I was going to fail. Oh god i was so going to fail. Fail? This was new to me. I didn't fail, i didn't ever fail, i pusher myself so hard so i didn't fail. Don't worry i'm not one of those people who thinks i'm amazing at everything, no i'm the opposite, i have so much self doubt in myself that i have to push myself to the very limit to succeed because failing terrifies me. If i fail i'll disappoint not only myself but i would disappoint my parents, friends and teachers.

I heard the clattering of people come rushing into the library. I looked up to see a group of boys, slightly older than me stumbling in. I heard them swearing about how cold it was out there and shouting to one of their mates to find the 'f***ing' books they want so they could get the 'f**k' out of there quickly. I frowned and growled slightly inside. I wanted to shout at them, to tell them to respect people and shut the hell up. They noticed me staring at them, frowning, looking as if i wanted to rip their heads off. Which i did. The all nudged each other and started whistling at me. Shouting out to me. One of the boys wasnt though. He was standing their smirking. Our eyes caught each other and i wrinkled my nose slightly like i do when i'm confused. He said something to his mates and they all started to get bored suddenly and decide to walk out. Some winked at me, some made rude gestures. I groaned inside at how disgusting boys could be. I noticed that the boy that had caught my eye had been left behind, he was wandering around the books, flicking through a few.

I unhooked my hair from behind my ear, letting it fall over my face, i tried to hide. I tried to become invisible. I buried my head in my books, reading over what the working memory model is, what psychologists studied what, what case studies resulted in what changes. I was losing the will to live. I had practically lived here this week. I checked my phone quickly to see if anyone was missing me but no text's, no calls, no mum wanting to know if i was coming home for dinner, no dad ringing me up to find out if i was safe. No their work was far more important. I sighed and collapsed on the table. Feeling the energy go out of me, i rested by head on the merciless cold table and stared at the bookshelf next to me.

I heard a deeo throaty cough venture through my ears next to me. It was the type of cough that was meant to get attention. I lifted my head to see him standing their, smirking down at me.

"I think you need this." His voice deep and throaty. I sat up, moving my hair out my eyes as he placed a cup of hot liquid on my table.

"I don't drink coffee" I said.

"I figured you were that type, that's why its tea, no sugar." He flashed me a dangerous smile, a smile that i could tell had broke many hearts before.

"Er...Thanks...i guess" I stuttered picking it up and wrapping my hands around it, shivering, i hadn't realised how cold i was.

"Don't you have a jacket" He asked. I looked round at the back of my chair, to see nothing there. I smacked my forehead 

"Oh, i left it in my locker at school!!" I moaned, feeling so distraught, i was going to have to walk home in the freezing cold with nothing to keep me warm. I wanted to crawl into bed and cry. Everyone gets those moments where the day has gone so terribly wrong that you just need to cry to let it out then you will be fine but i knew i couldn't do that, i would leave here, trying to recall all i had revised and i would go home and revise some more.

"Unlucky!" He chuckled. I felt anger flash through me.

"Do i know you?" I said through gritted teeth trying to be polite but failing miserably.

"No. I'm Tom and you are?" He held his hand out formerly to me. I hesitantly placed my hand in his which made my hand look ever so small.

"Kai..." I said, my voice so small and shy compared to his. I looked into his eyes, a deep green that glittered slightly, making him look dangerous and giving him his obvious bad boy edge. He lifted my hand to his lips and ever so slightly kissed it, the lightest thing but it sent shivers down my spine and butterflies swooping in my belly. I blushed a little and he lips turned up at the corners and he smiled at me. Not the arrogant one i had seen before, no this one was genuine and sweet. Maybe he wasn't such a bad boy.