The Bulls of Bashan

The full moon sat upon its throne in the cloudy sky and the stars were decorating the darkness as they set up camp for the night. Lucas started the fire and prepared the food as the rest of the gang set up their tents. The horses were picketed just outside of the camp eating grass. Gwen, sat beside the warming fire and sharpened her knives. The others slowly made their way, led by their growling stomachs, to the cooking food. The night air suddenly grew cold and brisk as they huddled around the campfire.
"Lucas, when is the food going to be ready?" Audrey asked staring up at the night sky, watching the smoke dissipate in the air.
"It should be ready in-"
The ground started shaking and the bright flames died to ashes. The horses strained against their pickets, neighing and snorting. The group scrambled up from their spots and readied their weapons. The darkness grew around them and the celestial lights dimmed. Zach could see his breath in front of his face as the temperature dropped as well. The world went silent for a moment, the only sounds were steel scraping against steel, and then a bellow interrupted the unholy silence. They looked at Jacob as he muttered, "The Bulls of Bashan." A massive animal stepped into their camp, its eyes blood red. A man sat on top of it, looking down on them. More of the bulls stepped into view and, before they knew it, they were surrounded.
"When I give the signal," Jacob ordered under his breath, "fire every arrow you have at their eyes." Leah and Brittany readied their bows and tensed the strings. The lead bull shook its head, tearing the ground with its hooves, and the blood stained horns lowered towards them. The rider, a giant, kicked his bull and it charged. "Now!" he yelled as he led the group into battle.