Chapter 2

"Oliver are you paying attention?" I hear the teacher's voice echo around the bus, I snap my head up from staring out the window and daydreaming. 

"I-I'm sorry" I whisper, my voice shaky from recalling my horrible memories, now that I'm 17 years old I got a bit smarter, knowing what times my dad and his friends would be there, what time they would usually end up passed out or drunk enough to sign something they haven't read, so making my dad sign the paper to allow me to go was a peace of cake. 

The teacher sighs and pinches his nose lightly, clearly not wanting to have anything to do with me, I feel fear start to set in my chest, the teacher that was in charge of this bus was the coach, and he wasn't like the ones in stereotypical movies where the coaches are mostly fat, no, he was the tall, buff ones and man is he easily angered.

"I'm not going to say it again" He huffs angrily, no student dares to make a sound and I shake in my seat "I-I-" I stutter and look down at my lap. "The cabin you will be staying in is Cabin number 12. Don't forget" I hear the coach say, his voice laced with annoyance, I just nod, not daring to look up.

An hour and a half passes and our bus finally comes to a stop outside a beautiful camp.

I feel myself perk up lightly, I've always loved nature, everything about it, the water, animals, bugs, everything, even the storms (Even though they do scare me sometimes). I sit up eagerly, waiting and ignoring the coach as he says the rules, just wanting to get off and head to my cabin already. 

"Alright! Go now! Remember, Curfew is at 11!" He yells before everyone starts getting up, getting their things and slowly filing out of the bus, I stay back, not wanting to get trampled and not wanting any dirty looks thrown my way.

I quickly grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder, keeping my head down as I start walking out of the bus "Hey Oliver" I hear the coach call and I tense, gulping nervously "Y-Yes sir?" I ask hesitantly, "I'm sorry for losing my patience earlier" He says, I blink, surprised "That's okay sir, I should-should have been paying mo-more attention" I say softly, the silence that followed indicated to me that the talk was over and that I could go to my cabin so I did.

Well, I tried to.

"Does anyone know where Cabin 12 is?" I mutter softly to myself, wandering around, lost. I see people looking at my strangely and I flinch away from them "Excuse me" I hear a voice say, I look up and jump slightly, coming face to face with a tall curly haired boy "Sorry" He chuckles.

"I-It's okay" I whisper, "Sorry I almost h-hit you" I grumble, I hear him laugh "Nah that's no problem, See, I work here and you look kinda lost, where do you need to go?" He asks and I sigh, relieved "Cabin 12" I say, looking up. He didn't look dangerous, he looked quite...angelic actually. "Cabin 12? Well dang! You're all the way at the place where Cabin 1 is! Cabin 12 is at the end of the line, just follow that long line of different Cabins" He smiles and I smile "Thank you" I say, beginning to turn around. "Actually" I hear him add "Why not I accompany you, you might get lost again" He chuckles.

My face reddens lightly but I nod "Than-thanks, that'll be nice, thank you" I stutter, pleasantly surprised. He chuckles again and shakes his head "I'm Will, what's your name?" He asks, "Ol-Oliver" I stutter, he tilts his head "Cute name" He says, I blush lightly. I look down at my feet as we continue to walk, I wonder how old Will was? He didn't look a day over 20!

"I'm 25" He says as if he could read my mind, I blink at him, looking surprised, He chuckles lightly "My age is usually what people's first question about me is" He explains and I nod in understanding, "My husband, Nico, is the first person to get my age right, we got married at 20 and we're thinking of adopting soon" He says, beaming with happiness, he looked like the sun. 

I smile, equally and oddly happy "Congratulations" I whisper softly, He hums, beaming "Hey thanks!" He says "I Should introduce you and Nico some time, you guys are a lot alike" He chuckles and I nod "Well, we're here!" He says, stopping and I follow, nodding to him in thanks.

"You're a quiet one aren't you?" He asks, tilting his head and smiling, I blush and look down and he grins "See you around! If ever you need me I'll be in the infirmary" He says before walking away, handing me the key to the cabin, I take a deep shaky breath as I turn the knob of the door, knowing my roomate was already there due to the door being unlocked.

"Hello-?" I barely get my first sentence out before I hear a loud "LOOK OUT!"