Chapter40: Birthday Crime pt.2

The birthday party was actually ruined. All the people here inside were now panicking, screaming— afraid for their lives. I was holding Sophia, as we tried to get rid of the broken ceilings which were now falling because of the explosion. The venue was half burning.

"I will lift you Sophia, come here honey, come to —"

"Daddy!" Sophia yelled when she saw her lifeless father, lying on the floor. The concrete ceiling was pinned over his body, that led him to death. All of us got stopped when the little girl had discontinued walking to run over her Dad.

"Sophia!" I called.

She knelt down beside her father, shaking him to wake up, "Come on dad! Get up! We need to go!"

I ran toward her, convincing her to stand up and leave her father, "Honey we need to go!"

"No! Daddy needs me! Mister Clown please do something!" she cried, almost begging.

This girl in my front was telling me to do something for her father— for them. But what am I supposed to do? What can I do? My tongue became numbed, staring at her with wide eyes. The pain. . . was so familiar.

The place was circulated with the thick smoke because of the fire. I'm still gazing upon her until I heard a voice, and a hand, tugging my sleeves which made me awaken. I looked towards Hayley who's calling my name, "Jack wake up! What are you standing at idiot?! take Sophia! Come on!"

It seemed that her voice had awaken me. This woman was really a big thing to me. She's my conscious whenever I'm lost. I leaned forward, cupping my face and said, "Go now Hayley!"

"I won't go without you, Jack! Stop being stupid!" she answered with emotions such as worries? fears? or what, that were so strong in uncontrolled way.

I rolled my eyes, then I pulled out a deep sigh, "Oh honey stop being a spoil brat, I'll follow okay? I'm gonna take Sophia with me but first you must go with them so that I can have a little complacent that you are safe. Mister J can't handle the both of you, you understand?"

Heaving a deep breath, Hayley held my both hands, and left a flicks on them, "Okay, okay, you will follow Jack, I'll wait you or else, I promise to go back here and pull the both of you outside."

"Mark my words, Baby."

She nodded to me as an answer, then I looked at Gio and Jet, giving them a signal to take Hayley with them. They started drifting their path out of the burning place, when suddenly, the chandelier beneath them signaling from falling. My eyes grew wider i  fears, I was about to run over them but the bullshit thing already had fallen.

"Hayley! Hayley!" I shouted with worries in my tone. Dashing toward them, I had noticed that Gio was over her, my goon got the injure instead of my Hayley. The branch of the chandelier was plunged into his leg. Thankfully, they didn't get that much injuries.

Jet and the others helped Gio, while I grabbed Hayley from the floor, holding her on her both shoulders while scanning her whole figure, "Is there something painful on your body?!"

"I—I'm fine. . ."

I hugged her all of a sudden then I kissed her on the forehead. She made me worried again,  "I thought I—I lose you."

"Jack you won't lose me okay? Now go and get Sophia, I'm fine."

"Okay, wait me outside!"

I left Hayley by the protection of my goons to take Sophia out of this fucking hell. My eyes rounded over the girl who's now standing, crying. The atmosphere was getting hot, I started coughing too as the smoke had stricken to my nostrils.